Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C760 Usb Driver Problem
mikew
post Dec 13 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,402

I usually connect my C760 to the same USB port each time I synchronise, just tried it on the other USB port & Windows 2000 did not recognise it.

Tried the same thing on my Windows 2000 portable & the same thing.

Can anyone use any USB port and if so are you using Sharp or Cacko ROM & which version of Windows.

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
clofland
post Dec 13 2004, 09:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 813

If you connect to another USB port, you have to install the USB drivers on windows from scratch. Windows sees it as an entirely different device.

I personally just stick with the same port all of the time. I'm honestly not sure if I ever really got it to work on another port. I know I installed the drivers again for each port, but I may have given up after that. smile.gif

I've had other USB devices do this same thing to me on Windows, so it seems like a Windows issue.

+Quote Post
mikew
post Dec 14 2004, 06:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,402

Thanks for that clofhand.

I understood that USB is a bus, so it should not make any difference which USB port you use.

I did try installing the drivers when new hardware wizzard came up, still did not work.

Spoke to my Microsoft support people, they have never seen this before & suggested that there was a bug in the Sharp drivers.

Mike

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2014 - 11:10 PM