OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cacko And Openzaurus/angstrom., Simultaneous install. Is possible?
Ungoliant
post Jun 5 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,716

Hello all!

I recently bought a zaurus (sl-3100) and I tried some roms.

I found that the one which meets my requirements now is Cacko, but I would like to develop and test for Angstrom/Openzaurus ( which I think is the one with more future ).

Would be possible to me to install Cacko and Openzaurus in the same machine? I can see that Cacko is only installable in the flash memory, and it would overwrite the altboot boot loader ( and the other way around ).

Is there any way to move Cacko from the nand to a CF/SD card? or to the hard disk?
Is there any way to install a boot loader like altboot or uboot while Cacko is in the nand ( without damaging them) ?

Thank you very much for your help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
XorA
post Jun 7 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,800

You can install cacko onto flash, install angstrom on harddisk (both the normal defaults) then get the cacko zImage file, use kexec in Angstrom to boot it and it will boot cacko from flash from inside Angstrom.

altboot is not installed in flash, you have confused it with something else I think.

+Quote Post
Ungoliant
post Nov 15 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,716

QUOTE(XorA @ Jun 7 2007, 02:26 PM) *
You can install cacko onto flash, install angstrom on harddisk (both the normal defaults) then get the cacko zImage file, use kexec in Angstrom to boot it and it will boot cacko from flash from inside Angstrom.

altboot is not installed in flash, you have confused it with something else I think.

For the sake of completeness and future reference, what XorA said is possible, and after trying it I made a small howto some time ago:

http://linuxtogo.org/gowiki/AngstromAndCacko

+Quote Post
malik
post Nov 23 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,839

QUOTE(Ungoliant @ Nov 16 2007, 01:58 AM) *
QUOTE(XorA @ Jun 7 2007, 02:26 PM) *

For the sake of completeness and future reference, what XorA said is possible, and after trying it I made a small howto some time ago:

http://linuxtogo.org/gowiki/AngstromAndCacko

stupid question: do i have to exit cacko when i want to get back to angstrom or can i switch between
the roms?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 24 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(malik @ Nov 23 2007, 08:56 AM) *
stupid question: do i have to exit cacko when i want to get back to angstrom or can i switch between
the roms?

I would guess you'll have to reboot, since Cacko and Angstrom have entirely different kernels.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 04:02 AM