Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something Like The Nokia E60............, but with a camera
birdman
post Aug 21 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,100

i'm looking for a new phone, I like the e60, is there a phone like that but with a camera, video calling and video capture? the e60 has the other features i want like wlan, bluetooth, infared
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ferret-Simpson
post Aug 25 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,295

Don't know if the Nokia N73 has wifi, but it's a great VideoCall/Cameraphone.

Otherwise, get thee HTC Universal. Triband GSM plus UMTS2100, Videocalls, wifi, Bluetooth, Clamshell. . It's a C3K with no HDD or CF, but with phone, cameras and wireless.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 3 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(Ferret-Simpson @ Aug 25 2006, 11:29 PM)
Don't know if the Nokia N73 has wifi, but it's a great VideoCall/Cameraphone.

Otherwise, get thee HTC Universal. Triband GSM plus UMTS2100, Videocalls, wifi, Bluetooth, Clamshell. . It's a C3K with no HDD or CF, but with phone, cameras and wireless.

nor does it have (yet) linux fully.

+Quote Post
desertrat
post Sep 9 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,322

I just gotten myself a Nokia E70. Feature-wise it should have everything that the E60 has, plus a fold-out keyboard and a camera (2MP). It does video at QCIF, and you can use it for video calls BUT because there is only 1 camera and and it faces away from the screen it makes for interesting video calls rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
birdman
post Sep 10 2006, 05:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,100

QUOTE(desertrat @ Sep 9 2006, 04:17 AM)
I just gotten myself a Nokia E70. Feature-wise it should have everything that the E60 has, plus a fold-out keyboard and a camera (2MP). It does video at QCIF, and you can use it for video calls BUT because there is only 1 camera and and it faces away from the screen it makes for interesting video calls  rolleyes.gif

so you can see them but they can't see you!? that would be strange. does the camera have a light, a flash, a burst mode and a video recorder?
how much was it and what do you think of it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ferret-Simpson
post Sep 11 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #6

As I said, the Latest version of that is the N73, which is the same but with improvements.

I don't think ANY PDA has full linux support, that didn't come with it. It DOES have a front camera.

SIM-Free £350 ish

On contract: Free - £150. (Vodafone, o2)

+Quote Post
desertrat
post Sep 11 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(birdman @ Sep 10 2006, 01:35 PM)
so you can see them but they can't see you!? that would be strange.

Well they can see your fingers smile.gif Or if you turn it round they can see you but you can't see them!

does the camera have a light, a flash, a burst mode

and a video recorder?

Yes. But if you're looking for a camera/video phone then the N93 is best one available. However it seems that the firmware needs a bit of polishing.

how much was it and what do you think of it laugh.gif

About USD400 without contract and with an extra 512 mini SD + extra battery + standalone charger thrown in. It does what I require of it: being able to connect to the internet anywhere via gprs/wifi (I have an "all you can eat" gprs plan - 3G is still too expensive), the email app can be on all the time to check my email in the background. The foldout keyboard is invaluable when typing longer texts, and also for ssh'ing into my servers and home machines. The builtin browser is pretty good (better than PIE on wince machines) but is very ram hungry. And most importantly allows my Z to connect to the internet (via infra-red/bluetooth) so it can do the heavy duty work. The downsides are, being a previous Epoc user, the Symbian PIM apps have been dumbed down and some of the features that had been present way back in 1991 are missing sad.gif

Also the E70 (being an E series machine - ie geared for business use) comes with a real office suite - one that allows you to edit MS Word and MS Excel compatible documents. It's also got some potentially useful features like printing to a BT printer.

+Quote Post
desertrat
post Sep 11 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Ferret-Simpson @ Sep 11 2006, 09:43 PM)
As I said, the Latest version of that is the N73, which is the same but with improvements.

The latest version of what is the N73? The E series are different from the NXX series smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ferret-Simpson
post Sep 12 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #9

Ah, sorry, thought you'd said N70. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:07 AM