Meanie
post May 9 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Cresho @ May 9 2006, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE(bam @ May 7 2006, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ May 7 2006, 07:33 AM)
thanks to you archimark, i was able to gather the information i needed to restore my pda.

I am a "HDD 00 Clear" survivor

didnt trisoft somewhere post "dont do that"...the hdd 00 clear menu option? biggrin.gif

yes bam but you very well know us, it's like in the "the fifth element" the alien was curious to see what the red button would do.

not only that, ill go a step further, i took my zaurus apart and i removed the 6gb disk so i can use partition magic 8 to fix it but appearantly, it does not detect usb drives and only hard disks. So I used the easier way and tried fdisk from the d+b option before bootup. Crazy stuff. Never knew we had command capability before the os booted up. Thank goodness i had fdisk access.

I was curious too smile.gif I tried zeroing the flash on my C3100 and zeroing the hdd on the C3000 smile.gif I wouldn't advise anyone else to try though. My advice is to follow Trisoft's advice and leave those features alone unless you enjoy staying up all night and panicking trying to recover...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cresho
post May 9 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #17

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

at least, with this expirience, i know down the road, i can remove the internal hardrive and replace it. I know how to setup the 3 partitions and format them. I also know how to copy the files into the appropriate locations. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
puckman
post Nov 29 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 20,998

QUOTE(Cresho @ May 9 2006, 12:43 AM) *
at least, with this expirience, i know down the road, i can remove the internal hardrive and replace it. I know how to setup the 3 partitions and format them. I also know how to copy the files into the appropriate locations. laugh.gif

I know this is an old thread but here goes anyways.

I have done exactly the same thing but still get HDD1 Error!!

So I have a fresh flashed nand, 3 partitions, formated with the files that need to be there but still no go.

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Nov 29 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,633

I haven't performed this operation, but this might require some more detailed explanation from you to see what may be missing.

+Quote Post
teh.sean
post May 15 2008, 03:13 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 21,673

I just used this and a few other posts to recover a Zaurus so I can vouch, it works! I was like Cresho, scrambling to find a usb CF adapter and thinking I was going to have to remove the MD. Then I realized you could boot to command line. . . hmm. . . minutes later, I see the light. Thanks for the help here guys.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:02 AM