OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Angstrom And .pdbs, Replacement for Opie-Reader?
Storm
post Jul 19 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,736

Angstrom looks oustanding! Kudos to the devs as usual for making it happen.

I have a question. While I would love to upgrade from OZ, one of the major apps I use (both personally and professionally) is Opie-reader. I have spent the last couple of years gathering hundreds of pieces of documentation via plucker for stuff I use on a daily basis. My Collie has become my mobile library.

I have skimmed the repos, but didn't see a replacement for Opie-reader, which is the only tool I have found that will read pdb files.

Anyone got a good way to either read them in Angstrom or convert them to, say, html?

Also, what browser options are available?

Thanks,
--Storm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tanjian2
post Jul 19 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,390

QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 19 2007, 07:23 PM)

I have a question. While I would love to upgrade from OZ, one of the major apps I use (both personally and professionally) is Opie-reader. I have spent the last couple of years gathering hundreds of pieces of documentation via plucker for stuff I use on a daily basis. My Collie has become my mobile library.

I have skimmed the repos, but didn't see a replacement for Opie-reader, which is the only tool I have found that will read pdb files.

Anyone got a good way to either read them in Angstrom or convert them to, say, html?

Thanks,
--Storm

Don't use Angstrom so not sure but FBreader is great on pdaxrom - does everything cept pdf - if I could get it to do pdf then I would have only one and the same doc reader for all my stuff.

+Quote Post
koen
post Jul 19 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 19 2007, 07:23 PM)

Thanks,
--Storm

It would be possible to build uqtreader for you, the qt4-x11 version of opie-reader.

+Quote Post
Storm
post Jul 20 2007, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,736

QUOTE(koen @ Jul 19 2007, 06:47 PM)
It would be possible to build uqtreader for you, the qt4-x11 version of opie-reader.

Thanks Koen,

That would be excellent...

--Storm

+Quote Post
ofels
post Jul 21 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 20 2007, 04:26 PM)

Thanks Koen,

Just to make sure- koen did not say that he will do this wink.gif

Someone will still have to write the appropriate recipes into OpenEmbedded (and maybe provide the appropriate patches).

Oliver

+Quote Post
koen
post Jul 21 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(ofels @ Jul 21 2007, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 20 2007, 04:26 PM)

Thanks Koen,

Just to make sure- koen did not say that he will do this wink.gif

Someone will still have to write the appropriate recipes into OpenEmbedded (and maybe provide the appropriate patches).

Like the one Michael Krelin did a few weeks ago: http://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.opene...qtreader_cvs.bb ?

+Quote Post
grog
post Jul 23 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(koen @ Jul 21 2007, 03:58 AM)

Like the one Michael Krelin did a few weeks ago: [url=http://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.openembedded.dev/packages/opie-reader/uqtreader_cvs.bbhttp://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.opene...qtreader_cvs.bb[/url] ?

I'd love to see that too. How do those of us yet without build environments have something compiled? Post a request in the bugtracker?

+Quote Post
rolf
post Jul 23 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,884

QUOTE(grog @ Jul 23 2007, 09:41 PM)
How do those of us yet without build environments have something compiled? Post a request in the bugtracker?

At the time, I considered this question, I would have answered "yes".

+Quote Post
grog
post Jul 24 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(rolf @ Jul 23 2007, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE(grog @ Jul 23 2007, 09:41 PM)
How do those of us yet without build environments have something compiled? Post a request in the bugtracker?
At the time, I considered this question, I would have answered "yes".

Now that you point that out, I now remember reading that rolleyes.gif . But regardless, of course by the time I get back to this, there it is! kewl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:19 PM