OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bricked Z? Please Help - Update Success!
LinuxGadget
post Dec 21 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,849

Congrats! laugh.gif

The same for me, i can't shut my Z down unsure.gif. Tried /sbin/shutdown und /sbin/halt, no success.
It's not a big deal for me, just out of curiosity: Is there a fix?

QUOTE(Z3n @ Dec 21 2007, 03:39 PM) *
All,

I would like to report SUCCESS! I have Debian booting on my Z.

Got it hooked up to the network, apt-get upgrade and all that so it is good to go.

Only thing that I am seeming to have difficult with is the suspend/resume function. Once booted and running and I power off by hitting the power button, I can't get the Z to boot back up without removing the battery and putting it back in. Z starts booting even before I have the battery cover back in place and locked.

Any suggestions?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apink
post Dec 21 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,764

Is this suspend/resume problem common for debian on the Z? I have a C1000 that I have been thinking of installing debian on, but a lack of suspend/resume would be a problem for me.

QUOTE(LinuxGadget @ Dec 21 2007, 12:35 PM) *
Congrats! laugh.gif

The same for me, i can't shut my Z down unsure.gif. Tried /sbin/shutdown und /sbin/halt, no success.
It's not a big deal for me, just out of curiosity: Is there a fix?

QUOTE(Z3n @ Dec 21 2007, 03:39 PM) *
All,

I would like to report SUCCESS! I have Debian booting on my Z.

Got it hooked up to the network, apt-get upgrade and all that so it is good to go.

Only thing that I am seeming to have difficult with is the suspend/resume function. Once booted and running and I power off by hitting the power button, I can't get the Z to boot back up without removing the battery and putting it back in. Z starts booting even before I have the battery cover back in place and locked.

Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
scottlfa
post Dec 21 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 20,773

Mine resumes and supends without any issues at all. The shutdown /halt thing its something thats been there all along. Not sure why. But suspend and resume do work.

+Quote Post
LinuxGadget
post Dec 22 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 20,849

Suspend/resume works fine for me, too.

QUOTE(scottlfa @ Dec 22 2007, 12:41 AM) *
Mine resumes and supends without any issues at all. The shutdown /halt thing its something thats been there all along. Not sure why. But suspend and resume do work.

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Dec 22 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 6,477

to suspend: apm -s

+Quote Post
apink
post Mar 17 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 7,764

QUOTE(Z3n @ Dec 19 2007, 03:06 PM) *
Alright all. I need some help. I am following this howto:

http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Q19:_I...n_EABI_on_SD%3F

I am at the point of trying to get U-Boot installed and I am not having any luck. Following these directions and my Z won't respond after flashing u-boot to the system. I held down the OK key and got booted into the Emergency Linux System. I poked around and all was good.

The next step is to flash the kernel. Turn off my Z and perform the reset procedure (after the files are on the CF card and inserted into the Z) and nothing happens.

Frustrating...

Any thoughts or ideas I could try differently? I know people have had success with this and all I want to do is see the EABI Debian boot. I had Titchy installed but wanted to try the latest to see it.

I got stuck here also at the kernel flashing, until I read one of Chero's comments from somewhere in the forum that you should keep holding down the OK button for ten seconds when performing the reset. Also, leave the battery out. Just hold down OK, plug in the ac power, switch the battery lock switch, and wait until the screen starts to get some verbage. This worked for me.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 10:19 PM