Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SL5600 ROM compatibility question
dhurst
post Apr 3 2004, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,652

Does the latest 1.32 Sharp ROM have the PXA-250 bug workaround turned off so the speed is up? If not, can the Premptive Standard Kernel patch be applied to the 1.32 Sharp ROM?

I am looking for a SL-5600 ROM that has the best of all available options but requires:

IRK compatibility for the Pocketop ipk
CFXGA module compatibility for that I/ODATA CF card
SSH available
IMAP email client compatibility
WIFI and Bluetooth working
SD card support

So, is there a ROM that will do this? I believe the CFXGA modules will load under OZ 3.3.5 which is kernel 2.4.18. They should also load under the 1.30 Sharp ROM for the SL-5600. I know the IRK package will work under the 1.30 Sharp ROM. Thanks for your comments,
Dow
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ethereal
post Apr 4 2004, 12:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,914

Get the "special kernel" v1.3 from the ZUG D/L section--no cache errata, everything else intact.

+Quote Post
TJRCHKA
post Apr 6 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,640

Do I have to put the Sharp ROM 1.32 first or can I just use the patched Kernal 1.3 (with Cache patch off)? I'm new but someone said which was the best ROM for the 5600 and I was wondering what the consensus opinion was? I just got my 5600 from Amazon (got a 250, was hoping for a 255, but whatever) it comes with: Embedix Plus PDA v. 2.0: OPera V.6.0, Qtopia 1.5.4, Linux kernel 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix, ROM version 1.2.1

Now that you have my life story (j/k), what will the ROM 1.32 do, does it update the PIM's? and other stuff? (Or will I lose it?)

And do I run the patch kernel first or second?

thank you anyone biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
freizugheit
post Apr 6 2004, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 811

Proceed to download and install the updater at http://www.myzaurus.com/ROMupdate6.asp for Sharp ROM 1.32. I do think that PIM will be updated and your data and other stuff (non-system) will be intact.

Followed by downloading and installing special kernal (Ver. 1.3) at http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php...download&sid=53

+Quote Post
TJRCHKA
post Apr 6 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,640

thanks will do...any idea on the Connect plus Low Pow Wi-Fi Card from SanDisk, as of now I can't connect to my computer and have no memory cards (yet) I have Mac OSX 10.3.3 seems like it can't connect at all with the USB ethernet, and the driver for Mac osx doesn't work. thanks for any info smile.gif

+Quote Post
g00gander
post Apr 8 2004, 08:28 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,561

I was able to connect via a SMB mount to my SL-5600 from my PowerBook. I used the USB driver available . I am not, however, able to sync using Zaurus Mac Sync. I think it's because my ROM is only 1.0. I'm going to upgrade then try again. But the point being you should be able to connect to your Z from your Mac using SMB.

+Quote Post
RenX99
post Apr 24 2004, 12:21 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,986

thanks will do...any idea on the Connect plus Low Pow Wi-Fi Card from SanDisk, as of now I can't connect to my computer and have no memory cards (yet) I have Mac OSX 10.3.3 seems like it can't connect at all with the USB ethernet, and the driver for Mac osx doesn't work. thanks for any info smile.gif

I have a SanDisk Wi-Fi card and it seems to work jus fine with both the SharpRom and OpenZaurus. All I had to do was set up my WEP key and it was online.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 10:00 AM