Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Debian
merlin1
post Jan 17 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,976

Just some links I found dealing with installing Debian on the Netwalker... If anyone tries to install it, please share your experience here. smile.gif Will do so too when I dive into it.

http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/.../PC-Z1NetWalker

http://wlog.flatlib.jp/archive/1/2009-10-14 (Japanese)

http://wlog.flatlib.jp/archive/1/2009-10-16 (Japanese)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Jan 17 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 208

Got a reply from email that I sent to Osamu who wrote the Debian on Netwalker page in response to my question as to whether or not everything works in Debian. He sent very brief reply that said that it did not and that he had not had the time to work on it to get everything working....

Wish I knew more about how far he got....

+Quote Post
merlin1
post Jan 17 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 56,976

QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Jan 17 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Got a reply from email that I sent to Osamu who wrote the Debian on Netwalker page in response to my question as to whether or not everything works in Debian. He sent very brief reply that said that it did not and that he had not had the time to work on it to get everything working....

Translating the two Japanese links using Google, it seems as if the keyboard, optical point, mouse buttons and USB work (enabling you to use USB ethernet adapter). The touchscreen seems to misbehave and WiFi doesn't function in Debian.

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Jan 17 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(merlin1 @ Jan 17 2010, 11:41 AM) *
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Jan 17 2010, 08:31 PM) *

Translating the two Japanese links using Google, it seems as if the keyboard, optical point, mouse buttons and USB work (enabling you to use USB ethernet adapter). The touchscreen seems to misbehave and WiFi doesn't function in Debian.

Thanks for the input....guess not having touchscreen is not the end of the world, but would be nice of course to have WiFi working....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 06:59 PM