Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asus 3epc, Have you seen it?
speculatrix
post Feb 26 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #121

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Feb 26 2008, 06:57 AM) *
by the way, i saw an eee in a shop which was either with a 2Go RAM or a 16Go SDHC.... do you think the eee needs 2GO RAM ?

there's no such thing as too much memory or too much storage smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snappy
post Feb 26 2008, 08:14 AM
Post #122

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,633

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Feb 26 2008, 06:53 AM) *
when the asus fff comes out - the eee's successor (I'm making up the name) then I might be interested in one for my daughter. A bit more memory, a modestly larger screen higher res, and I think it'd be great... once I install a decent OS (suse :-)

Aye ... and for myself, I'm fine with 7" or 8" or even 9" ... I just hope they trim down on that bezel. Likewise for the Z, I would love my C1000 even more if it has a consistently thin bezel all round. That's partly what makes Thinkpad, Sony Vaios, macbook & iTouch or iPhones that bit sexier. smile.gif

The trick is having a useable keyboard, thin bezel, respectable screen, all in a handy form factor.

Good thingie going for the eeepc is that it is hot in the stoves and development is coming along aggressively while the Z is not available at all. sad.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Feb 26 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #123

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Feb 26 2008, 01:40 PM) *
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Feb 26 2008, 06:57 AM) *
by the way, i saw an eee in a shop which was either with a 2Go RAM or a 16Go SDHC.... do you think the eee needs 2GO RAM ?

there's no such thing as too much memory or too much storage smile.gif

Just a fact about my real use: upon loading Xfwm and synaptic (set to always look for new packages), only less than 200MB of RAM is used. And I've got no plan to run XP/Vista, so no need to boost up RAM for Ramdisk, pagefile, blah, and my 701 remains perfectly comfortable with the stock 512MB. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Feb 26 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #124

QUOTE(Snappy @ Feb 26 2008, 05:14 PM) *
when the asus fff comes out - the eee's successor (I'm making up the name) then I might be interested in one for my daughter. A bit more memory, a modestly larger screen higher res, and I think it'd be great... once I install a decent OS (suse :-)

Aye ... and for myself, I'm fine with 7" or 8" or even 9" ... I just hope they trim down on that bezel. Likewise for the Z, I would love my C1000 even more if it has a consistently thin bezel all round. That's partly what makes Thinkpad, Sony Vaios, macbook & iTouch or iPhones that bit sexier. smile.gif
The trick is having a useable keyboard, thin bezel, respectable screen, all in a handy form factor.
Good thingie going for the eeepc is that it is hot in the stoves and development is coming along aggressively while the Z is not available at all. sad.gif smile.gif

Agree. Thin bezel is a hallmark of aesthetic value on gadgets. The Eee PC, the Z, N810, most UMPCs all fail this.
But thinner bezel means more power for display, and cost of production, unless a newer and better and less power-hungry processor is used (this may probably come true for fff). And the keyboard is already maximally minimal (for real touchtyping), so reducing the bezel mustn't further trim down the keyboard.
Also remember what makes the Eee so hot is the magical price tag, as well as quite a reasonable battery life.
Of course, I'd definitely love to have a ggg, and more perfectly, a zzz, then I will finally retire my z. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Feb 26 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #125

... once I install a decent OS (suse :-)

How about this: http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=6136 ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Meyer
post Apr 19 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #126

Member No.: 4,010

I got to handle an Eee for a while at the store today and was disappointed to find that the keyboard is too big for two-thumb typing while holding the unit in my hands, the capability that makes the Z such a great mobile device.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 03:22 AM