Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> End Of The Line For Debian
ShiroiKuma
post Apr 15 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,385

Since debian doesn't support the ARM architecture anymore, will this be the end of the line, i.e. for using via chroot on the Z?

There is no testing / unstable version anymore, only the stable one. It's good now, but where is this gonna go? What is the future for use on the Z via chroot?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koen
post Apr 15 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 15 2006, 05:40 PM)
Since debian doesn't support the ARM architecture anymore, will this be the end of the line, i.e. for using via chroot on the Z?

Que? Debian is quite active on arm. There are busy with the EABI port and the new armeb port.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Apr 15 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Apr 15 2006, 09:40 AM)

There is no testing / unstable version anymore, only the stable one. It's good now, but where is this gonna go? What is the future for use on the Z via chroot?

You should support your hypothesis with facts. Any links? sad.gif

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Apr 15 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 15 2006, 08:17 PM)
You should support your hypothesis with facts.  Any links?  sad.gif

Hmmm... If it ain't true, I'll be all the happier.

I saw I think on the debian.org wike some time ago a statement saying something to the effect "We're dropping ARM support in the future..." But it could've been that it wasn't at the debian.org wike that I saw it, don't recall.

Then I reinstalled pocketworkstation.org this week, tried to upgrade and said - couldn't find path.

So, navigated to ftp.debian.org and if you go through to the unstable / testing directory, ARM stuff isn't there, all the other is.

So I had to change / upgrade-downgrade? the pocketworkstation to the stable distribution.

So I just assumed that what I vaguely recall seeing some time ago was actually true.

If it's quite active, where is the unstable stuff for arm?

+Quote Post
JohnX
post Apr 15 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,070

You just about gave me a heart attack! ohmy.gif It looks like they just dropped anything but the most popular two architectures off the ftp.debian.org mirror. If you look at the kernel.org mirror or the http.us.debian.org mirror you can see that all of the architectures are present and accounted for.

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Apr 15 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(JohnX @ Apr 15 2006, 09:30 PM)
You just about gave me a heart attack!  ohmy.gif It looks like they just dropped anything but the most popular two architectures off the ftp.debian.org mirror. If you look at the kernel.org mirror or the http.us.debian.org mirror you can see that all of the architectures are present and accounted for.

Sorry about that smile.gif

You are right, I didn't check there. It's all there.

So it must've been that I've seen some announcement that they will not be carrying ARM stuff around on the main site, and must've misinterpreted it to mean what I say in the title.

This is great, not the end-of-the-line!!! smile.gif

Thanks for help.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Apr 16 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #7

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

haha...you naughty person gaved me a heartattack.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 06:20 PM