Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Angstrom Status On Tosa, Updated March 12, 2008
ant
post Jun 3 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,270

>I replaced my copies of:
>the only notable difference appears to be not checking out the stable/2009 branch.

Yes...the fixes are only in .dev branch at the moment.

A patch for .stable branch is expected very soon.

Regards

Ant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AsLan^
post Jun 5 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 3,555

Okay, two more problems have arisen...

1. Building base-image or console-image fails at the wlan-ng packages. Here is the log for wlan-ng modules.

NOTE: make CC=ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=xscale -mno-thumb-interwork -mno-thumb LD=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld PARALLEL_MAKE= -C src all
make: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src'
set -e; for d in mkmeta shared p80211 prism2; do make WLAN_SRC=/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/ -C $d ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/mkmeta'
mkdir -p obj
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/mkmeta'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/shared'
Nothing to do...
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/shared'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/p80211'
make -C /home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-2.6.29-r4/linux-2.6.29 M='/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/p80211' WLAN_SRC=/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/ modules
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** /home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-2.6.29-r4/linux-2.6.29: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/p80211'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src'
FATAL: oe_runmake failed

It appears to be a file not found error but I haven't modified the tree at all and I did a "git pull" before building.

2. Two kernels were built (2.6.24-r13 and 2.6.29-r5) as well as updater.sh.tosa. Only 2.6.24-r13 can be flashed using updater.sh.tosa, 2.6.29-r5 gives the error message that the file is too big. This is a problem because as you know, the reason I am trying to get this all up and running is so I can take a shot at installing Android and I believe Android requires a 2.6.25 or higher kernel to work.

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jul 13 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 500

I asked on the mailing list, but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd ask here.

All of the 2008.x images in the autobuild dir are gone, and only kexec images are there. I have used the narcissus images in the past successfully to boot Angstrom with either Opie or x11 for Tosa (via SD w/ kexec kernel). Lately the images have not been completing the configuration of kernel modules. In particular, kernel-module-zlib-inflate gets stuck (can't get past it - Tosa requires a reset).

I'm curious if anyone is still doing kernel dev for the tosa (it was lumaq {letic?}). Is there any way to follow development if it is still going on? I love the device, and I'd love to continue using it if I can.

Thanks,

Russell Dwiggins

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jul 13 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 2,380

Kernel development is still actively done, and can be followed on the linux-arm-kernel mailing list.
I'll try to build 2.6.31 for Tosa tomorrow... promise made!
My Tosa has been sitting in the drawer for much too long. let's see how this works out wink.gif

Cheers,
cortez

QUOTE(undrwater @ Jul 13 2009, 08:13 PM) *
I asked on the mailing list, but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd ask here.

All of the 2008.x images in the autobuild dir are gone, and only kexec images are there. I have used the narcissus images in the past successfully to boot Angstrom with either Opie or x11 for Tosa (via SD w/ kexec kernel). Lately the images have not been completing the configuration of kernel modules. In particular, kernel-module-zlib-inflate gets stuck (can't get past it - Tosa requires a reset).

I'm curious if anyone is still doing kernel dev for the tosa (it was lumaq {letic?}). Is there any way to follow development if it is still going on? I love the device, and I'd love to continue using it if I can.

Thanks,

Russell Dwiggins

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jul 13 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #65

Thanks Cortez, you're a major asset to this community! smile.gif

Does this mean Zubuntu might follow shortly?? *nudge* wink.gif

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jul 14 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #66

Small update: the multiboot kernel is working, but starting the 2.6.31-rc3 kernel results in a black screen on startup. I'll check the kernel configuration again later to see if I mis-configured something, and give it another try.

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jul 15 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #67

Another small update: somehow the 2.6.31 kernel still doesn't work, so I tried 2.6.29. I now have Zubuntu working... at least partly. Fonts are displayed scrambled, and touchscreen doesn't seem to work. So a beginning is made, but there's still work to do.

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jul 16 2009, 06:12 AM
Post #68

A bigger update and a request for help to all off you can be found on my blog here.

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jul 17 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #69

I'm on my way to trying it, but just a quick note on extracting the rootfs onto an SD:
A lot of
CODE
Cannot create symlink to `<file>': Operation not permitted

type errors.

More later...

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jul 17 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #70

QUOTE(undrwater @ Jul 17 2009, 11:04 PM) *
I'm on my way to trying it, but just a quick note on extracting the rootfs onto an SD:
A lot of
CODE
Cannot create symlink to `<file>': Operation not permitted

type errors.

More later...

Make sure you use "sudo tar -zxpf achive.tar.gz" to make sure you have the right permissions. This is important!

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jul 17 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #71

Turned out to be a bad mount. Created new topic (Zubuntu isn't angstrom, is it?)

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jul 17 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #72

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(undrwater @ Jul 14 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Thanks Cortez, you're a major asset to this community! smile.gif

Does this mean Zubuntu might follow shortly?? *nudge* wink.gif

I agree 100%. I might be somewhat quiet of late due to busyness, but I still read the updates avidly. I've bought a dremel in the hope I can grind off the broken ram chip in one of my tosas and solder a fresh one on!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 01:29 PM