Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usb Problem Here
gorgor_bay
post Jan 2 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,624

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, now I got a 3200 for Christmas and started playing with this jewel.
Unfortunately, my games got very quickly shortened while I realized there was no way to get the Zaurus recognized by my laptop (either with Ubuntu or Windows) : whenever I plug the USB cable between the Zaurus & the laptop, nothing happens, no new device gets detected.

So I've read a lot of material on the net, and it seems there is this "PC link" option in the "Settings" tab of some ROMs but unfortunately on my OpenZaurus there is nothing similar... And actually the Cacko ROM mirror is down so there is no way to change ROM to see if it's coming from here.

So please people, I'm dying for some information here. If anybody can help, that would be really cool. Looking forward to your replies.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Jan 2 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,570

QUOTE(gorgor_bay @ Jan 2 2007, 12:25 AM)
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, now I got a 3200 for Christmas and started playing with this jewel.
Unfortunately, my games got very quickly shortened while I realized there was no way to get the Zaurus recognized by my laptop (either with Ubuntu or Windows) : whenever I plug the USB cable between the Zaurus & the laptop, nothing happens, no new device gets detected.

So I've read a lot of material on the net, and it seems there is this "PC link" option in the "Settings" tab of some ROMs but unfortunately on my OpenZaurus there is nothing similar... And actually the Cacko ROM mirror is down so there is no way to change ROM to see if it's coming from here.

So please people, I'm dying for some information here. If anybody can help, that would be really cool. Looking forward to your replies.

There were some discussions lately about the cacko images, do a search for cacko, it was in the last week or so. If you have a network connection with the Z you can scp files over to it, or from it.

+Quote Post
Ling
post Jan 2 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,563

The USB connection also works fine with pdaXrom beta3 for me. If the scp is too difficult, use a SD or CF card. If you don't have a reader on your laptop/desktop, I recently picked up one of the USB->SD adapters off eBay for <$10 and it works great and is a handy item to carry. Good luck.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 2 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,821

There's a link to all the Cacko roms here:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=149336

+Quote Post
gorgor_bay
post Jan 2 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,624

Thanks for your replies guys !
I've downloaded the Cacko image and shall try it, but,

I've eventually got the usb link between the pc and the zaurus working ! yehee biggrin.gif

Now it appears the driver I've been provided with on the install CD is not recognized at all by Windows.
And also the HowTo get Internet over usb at OpenZaurus is down, so I keep on fighting. I'd like to give a try to OpenZaurus actually working befor switching to another ROM already. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jan 2 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(gorgor_bay @ Jan 3 2007, 03:49 AM)
Thanks for your replies guys !
I've downloaded the Cacko image and shall try it, but,

I've eventually got the usb link between the pc and the zaurus working ! yehee  biggrin.gif

Now it appears the driver I've been provided with on the install CD is not recognized at all by Windows.
And also the HowTo get Internet over usb at OpenZaurus is down, so I keep on fighting. I'd like to give a try to OpenZaurus actually working befor switching to another ROM already.  cool.gif

OZ is completely incompatile with the original ROM so anything on those CDs will be useless to you if you use OZ. On the other hand, Cacko is compatible with the original ROM and everything that works with the original ROM will also work with Cacko.
OZ is great if you love being on the bleeding edge and bleed smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:21 PM