OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jumbo Xqt Package, installing xqt with just one package
who thinks a jumbo xqt package would be a good idea?
who thinks a jumbo xqt package would be a good idea?
yeah, I want one so I can get Xqt installed easily [ 152 ] ** [88.89%]
good idea, but I already have Xqt installed and working [ 18 ] ** [10.53%]
it's a waste of time [ 1 ] ** [0.58%]
Total Votes: 171
Guests cannot vote 
Cresho
post Mar 30 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #406

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

Thanks for adding axyftp. Works great. I noticed while trying to download and uncompress the debian files, i get some errors. Any update for these?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Mar 30 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #407

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

QUOTE(Meanie @ Dec 28 2005, 05:32 PM)
The jumbo xqt-apps and xqt-mozilla cramfs have been updated. see the other thread over in the X/Qt section for details.
I might also do a xqt-games cramfs if I have time but gotta meet two hot women for dinner and show them my Zaurus so I need it in prestine state with everything working...

What other thread are you talking about? I don't see any recent threads that talk about this. Did you add gaim? Thanks for the update.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Mar 31 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #408

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(xamindar @ Mar 31 2006, 05:48 PM)
The jumbo xqt-apps and xqt-mozilla cramfs have been updated. see the other thread over in the X/Qt section for details.
I might also do a xqt-games cramfs if I have time but gotta meet two hot women for dinner and show them my Zaurus so I need it in prestine state with everything working...

What other thread are you talking about? I don't see any recent threads that talk about this. Did you add gaim? Thanks for the update.

The one I started smile.gif http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16209

Anyways, I have decided not to update the xqt-gtk jumbo and related cramfs/squashfs images anymore since they are based on old apps.

Instead, I am building a new one which I have named pdaXQtrom. As the name suggests, it is based on pdaXrom using its xqt feed. Initially, I will use the updated version of fluxbox from the pdaXrom feed, but eventually, I will create a wm selector which will allow you to switch between window managers. I am currently thinking of fluxbox, openbox (using the matchbox panels just like pdaXrom), icewm and xfce.

Currently I got the following apps working:

Abiword 2.4
Dillo 0.8.5
Firefox 1.5
Sylpheed 2.0
Thunderbird 1.0.7

and I am planning to add the following:

Gnumeric
Scite
Gimp
TuxPaint
GQview
Xchat
Gaim
StarDict
axyftp/gftp
emelfm2/rox
xmms
xpdf
jamvm

However, the goal is to just create a base image which can use the PackageManager/Qinstaller to install additional apps from the xqt feed so I might not add any more apps at all and leave the choice open...

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Mar 31 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #409

Member No.: 7,027

QUOTE(Meanie @ Mar 31 2006, 12:45 PM)
Instead, I am building a new one which I have named pdaXQtrom. As the name suggests, it is based on pdaXrom using its xqt feed. Initially, I will use the updated version of fluxbox from the pdaXrom feed, but eventually, I will create a wm selector which will allow you to switch between window managers. I am currently thinking of fluxbox, openbox (using the matchbox panels just like pdaXrom), icewm and xfce.

Abiword 2.4
Dillo 0.8.5
Firefox 1.5
Sylpheed 2.0
Thunderbird 1.0.7

Gnumeric

That sounds great! Let us know once you're finished.
Yesterday I saw that the pdaXrom Gnumeric (cannot recall version) opens my bookkeeping sheet very well. The current X/QT gnumeric version from your cramfs image however imports the XLS in a wrong way so I cannot work with it.

So if gnumeric is your next goal and you want me as a betatester for it, please let me know!

daniel

+Quote Post
xjqian
post Mar 31 2006, 05:20 AM
Post #410

Member No.: 1,478

Hold off your jumbo xqt packages for long. Waiting for your pdaX package.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Mar 31 2006, 08:28 AM
Post #411

nice work. cant....well i could wait. as it is, the xqt is good. now we get the best of both worlds.

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Mar 31 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #412

Member No.: 208

Meanie,

As always, you're 'da Man!!!

tongue.gif

This sounds great!!

laugh.gif

Look forward to trying this out....

Mar

QUOTE(Meanie @ Mar 31 2006, 03:45 AM)
Anyways, I have decided not to update the xqt-gtk jumbo and related cramfs/squashfs images anymore since they are based on old apps.

Abiword 2.4
Dillo 0.8.5
Firefox 1.5
Sylpheed 2.0
Thunderbird 1.0.7

Gnumeric
Scite
Gimp
TuxPaint
GQview
Xchat
Gaim
StarDict
axyftp/gftp
emelfm2/rox
xmms
xpdf
jamvm

However, the goal is to just create a base image which can use the PackageManager/Qinstaller to install additional apps from the xqt feed so I might not add any more apps at all and leave the choice open...

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Mar 31 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #413

Member No.: 2,368

QUOTE(Meanie @ Mar 31 2006, 02:45 AM)
QUOTE(xamindar @ Mar 31 2006, 05:48 PM)

The one I started smile.gif http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16209

Abiword 2.4
Dillo 0.8.5
Firefox 1.5
Sylpheed 2.0
Thunderbird 1.0.7

Gnumeric
Scite
Gimp
TuxPaint
GQview
Xchat
Gaim
StarDict
axyftp/gftp
emelfm2/rox
xmms
xpdf
jamvm

Don't forget Grisbi! But of course, if it is easy to add my own packages then this is no problem.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Aug 20 2006, 01:27 AM
Post #414

any updates meanie? So far, looks good.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 21 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #415

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Cresho @ Aug 20 2006, 07:27 PM)
any updates meanie?  So far, looks good.

latest and greatest can be found here:

http://pdaxqtrom.thegrinder.ws/

http://pdaxqtrom.thegrinder.ws/files/pdaxqtrom.html

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Aug 21 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #416

QUOTE(Meanie @ Aug 21 2006, 03:51 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Aug 20 2006, 07:27 PM)
any updates meanie?  So far, looks good.

latest and greatest can be found here:

http://pdaxqtrom.thegrinder.ws/

http://pdaxqtrom.thegrinder.ws/files/pdaxqtrom.html

anybody have a go with the tarballs yet vs the cramfs or squash? which is faster?

+Quote Post
adf
post Aug 21 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #417

Member No.: 4,572

I mix cramfs and squashfs on my 3100/cacko. in actual use I cn't tell the difference--you'd need to use timers, and I doubt the difference would be much. I simply seem to have a limit someplace about how many squashfs I can mount with out things misbehaving.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 04:25 AM