Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ko/pi Sync W/ Ical?
osx4zaurus
post Mar 27 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,716

Is it possible to sync KO/PI with ical? It seems like KO/PI is much nicer then the built in aps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eji
post Apr 11 2005, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,659

QUOTE(osx4zaurus @ Mar 28 2005, 05:17 AM)
Is it possible to sync KO/PI with ical?  It seems like KO/PI is much nicer then the built in aps.

Yes, in a roundabout way.

KO/Pi syncs beautifully with iCal's .ical files. If you have only one iCalendar, you're in luck. Unfortunately, I have iCalendars for several different categories (Work, Recreation, Holidays), which results in several different .ical files in my Calendars folder.

To sync I drag and drop the updated .ical files to my Zaurus' SD. Then I sync to each local file from the KO/Pi options menu, using the "ask on conflict" setting. Moving the files takes about ten seconds and each sync another few seconds on top of that. It isn't one-click, but I can say that all the events and tasks on my iBook are also on my Z -- without the hassle of duplicates and overwritten entries.

+Quote Post
ashikase
post Apr 11 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,375

If you only want to sync with one calendar, it works pretty well.

KO/Pi provides a method to automatically run commands immediately before and after a sync; you set it to download your iCal calendar using scp before the sync, KO/Pi then syncs with the copied file, and finally you copy the file back to your mac with scp.

It might be a bit difficult to setup at first, especially if you're not familiar with ssh, but once you get it running it seems to work pretty well.

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan

+Quote Post
gbrocks
post Nov 4 2005, 08:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,947

What about going the other way: Moving KoPi events & ToDos to ical?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 08:05 AM