OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing From Sd Card, How can I install from a SD card?
witzgall
post Jun 15 2005, 07:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,870

Every time I try and use the package Installer on my 6000 to install from the SD card, either to Internal Flash or the SD card, I get an error: "The filename of this package includes character this application can't handle. Please change the filename and retry install".

I did try and change the names of the packages to something simple, with the same result.

There must be somehting I can do to install from SD? Can anyone help? This is using the Sharp ROM and the standard Ipackage Gui installer.

Thanks,
Chris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Jun 16 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,794

QUOTE(witzgall @ Jun 15 2005, 10:41 AM)
Every time I try and use the package Installer on my 6000 to install from the SD card, either to Internal Flash or the SD card, I get an error: "The filename of this package includes character this application can't handle. Please  change the filename and retry install".

I did try and change the names of the packages to something simple, with the same result.

There must be somehting I can do to install from SD? Can anyone help? This is using the Sharp ROM and the standard Ipackage Gui installer.

Thanks,
Chris

If you are downloading in Windows, and then moving the sd card to the zaurus, sometimes Windows changes the filenames to uppercase. Find the correct case-sensitive filename, and rename the file and try again. Hope this helps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 05:40 PM