Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Qt4 Development, Porting a Qt4/X11 app to Qt4/Embedded
jgrauman
post Jul 19 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,631

Hello all,

I have a custom application that runs on Qt4/X11 and uses MySQL 4.1 and am wondering how hard it will be to get to run on a Zaurus (I'm thinking C1000). I realize that Qt4/Embedded is not quite released yet, but Trolltech has snapshots of it on their website, and it shouldn't be too long. I assume I can just get a Debian package of MySQL 4.1 and the binaries/libraries should work.? My main question is how to do the linking with MySQL. Right now, I can just add -lmysqlclient and my app compiles. But how will I do that with the cross-compiler (I don't know too much about cross-compiling). Also, does anyone have any knowledge about how fast MySQL will run on a Zaurus? I plan on putting my DB ( < 200MB) on a CompactFlash Card (40x). Any/all info related to this is appreciated. Thanks.

Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koen
post Jul 19 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(jgrauman @ Jul 20 2005, 04:44 AM)
Hello all,

I have a custom application that runs on Qt4/X11 and uses MySQL 4.1 and am wondering how hard it will be to get to run on a Zaurus (I'm thinking C1000). I realize that Qt4/Embedded is not quite released yet, but Trolltech has snapshots of it on their website, and it shouldn't be too long. I assume I can just get a Debian package of MySQL 4.1 and the binaries/libraries should work.? My main question is how to do the linking with MySQL. Right now, I can just add -lmysqlclient and my app compiles. But how will I do that with the cross-compiler (I don't know too much about cross-compiling). Also, does anyone have any knowledge about how fast MySQL will run on a Zaurus? I plan on putting my DB ( < 200MB) on a CompactFlash Card (40x). Any/all info related to this is appreciated. Thanks.

Josh

Install a distro which comes with X instead of that blasted QT/e and all your problems are over smile.gif

+Quote Post
jgrauman
post Jul 20 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,631

QUOTE(koen @ Jul 19 2005, 10:36 PM)
Install a distro which comes with X instead of that blasted QT/e and all your problems are over smile.gif

I would like to squeeze as much speed / RAM out of the Zaurus as possible, as my app is pretty much all I want to run on it. I figured that using Qt/Embedded would run faster since it renders directly to the Framebuffer instead of using X. Plus, I *think* that Version 4 of Qt/E is source compatible with Qt4/X11. Anyone tried Qt4/Embedded yet? Thanks.

Josh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2014 - 08:21 PM