Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Java Install On C3100 - Noob Alert, Java apps not running
arawata
post Jan 11 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,767

I recently acquired a SL-C3100 (standard Sharp ROM with the Tetsu Kernel update installed) and despite having installed Jeode (jeode_1.10.7_arm.ipk), I can not get java apps to run. The icon changes to "busy" and I see the hourglass icon, but that soon stops. Nothing else happens.
I have also tried blackdown-jdk_1.3.1_arm.ipk with similar results.
Any suggestions for this noobie (to Linux as well as Zaurii) how to diagnose and solve this?

a,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jan 12 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(arawata @ Jan 12 2006, 02:15 PM)
I recently acquired  a SL-C3100 (standard Sharp ROM with the Tetsu Kernel update installed) and despite having installed Jeode (jeode_1.10.7_arm.ipk), I can not get java apps to run. The icon changes to "busy" and I see the hourglass icon, but that soon stops. Nothing else happens.
I have also tried blackdown-jdk_1.3.1_arm.ipk with similar results.
Any suggestions for this noobie (to Linux as well as Zaurii) how to diagnose and solve this?

a,

it really depends on what type of java application you are trying to run, ie j2me for PDAs such as jeode or personal profile, j2me for mobile phones such as midp, or j2se such as blackdown
depending on which jvm you have and also whether the application you are trying to run is supported by the jvm you have you also need to provide the correct arguments to launch your application with the appropriate jvm.

have a look at http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/custom.html#java for more details.

+Quote Post
arawata
post Jan 12 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Thanks Meanie. I must say, discovering your website was one of the reasons I bought a Z in the first place. So it's all your fault!
As mentioned, I installed "jeode_1.10.7_arm.ipk" with the intention of using "Spoken" text-to-speech software. But I can not even get the Jeode demo programs to run (jeode-demos_1.10.6_arm.ipk). Do these programs need any switches to run?
I will continue to work through your Customisations page.
Cheers
a

+Quote Post
arawata
post Jan 18 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #4

Circumvented my problem by flashing to Cacko 1.23 ROM. Jeode installed and java apps run without a problem. Never did find out what my problem was under the stock Sharp ROM dry.gif

arawata

+Quote Post
edoc
post Feb 7 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,784

QUOTE(arawata @ Jan 19 2006, 12:30 AM)
Circumvented my problem by flashing to Cacko 1.23 ROM. Jeode installed and java apps run without a problem. Never did find out what my problem was under the stock Sharp ROM  dry.gif
arawata

Does this mean that Cacko comes with Java or that you found it somewhere in an ipk
format and added it?

If the latter can you share the URL, please?

I would like to load jsword and thingamablog and need Java for them.

Thanks! doc

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 02:28 AM