Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Resolution problems when running 5500/5600 programs
benkrembs
post Apr 23 2004, 05:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,895

For some reason, whenever I run an older app (55/5600) started from the Application menu, the resolution gets all jacked up. It looks like it's 'zoomed in' and everything is pixelated.

Now, I know that some of this is to be expected due to the higher resolution on the 6000, but I think I'm seeing a resolution that's even below what it would be on a 55/5600.

For instance, I recently installed Gaim. If I start it from the App menu, everything is 'zoomed in' -- so much so that the 'Add Account' button isn't even on the screen (and thus not clickable). I found a temporary workaround by starting from the console (that appears to keep it in the high resolution mode), but as soon as I switch away to a different program and come back, the resolution is 'zoomed in' again.

I believe this is happening in just about every older program I've tried to run. And unfortunately, I think it's making a number of programs unusable by hiding menu options, or entire window segments.

Am I totally missing some simple setting?

-Ben
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
metal9966
post Apr 23 2004, 05:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 898

yes, tap and hold on the APP Icon then mess around with the Zoom check box

+Quote Post
benkrembs
post Apr 23 2004, 05:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,895

D'oh!!

Got it working.. for anyone else having this problem, turn off 'Magnifed' mode for the program in question: Press and hold the stylus on a program icon, and uncheck the appropriate checkbox.

For some reason it appears that 'Magnified' mode is the default that everything has been installed with.

Anyone know the purpose of running something magnified?

-Ben

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Apr 23 2004, 06:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,633

some older programs will not run with 640x480, but will run the lower resolution magnified mode.

Anyone know the purpose of running something magnified?

-Ben

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:19 PM