Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Own A Wiki Backup?
enodr
post Apr 9 2006, 04:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,537

Another thought about the Wiki: I was first inclined to put my own Zaurus wiki online because I was a bit afraid that putting all my infos on a site I do not own. Let me explain, there are loads of Zaurus websites which have disappeared. So I was first reluctant to put infos on OESF wiki because if someday the site disappears, I won't be able to keep the infos on my computer.

So my suggestion is simple: would it be possible to download a complete Wiki backup for personnal archives?

Same applies for feeds, I have been searching for an ipk that seems to have disappeared (libstdc6 ipk)... I know I have to backup all those feeds on my computer, in case they disappear...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dz
post Apr 9 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #2

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

QUOTE(enodr @ Apr 9 2006, 07:18 AM)
Another thought about the Wiki: I was first inclined to put my own Zaurus wiki online because I was a bit afraid that putting all my infos on a site I do not own. Let me explain, there are loads of Zaurus websites which have disappeared. So I was first reluctant to put infos on OESF wiki because if someday the site disappears, I won't be able to keep the infos on my computer.

So my suggestion is simple: would it be possible to download a complete Wiki backup for personnal archives?

Same applies for feeds, I have been searching for an ipk that seems to have disappeared (libstdc6 ipk)... I know I have to backup all those feeds on my computer, in case they disappear...

I'll look into this and see what I can do.. you're just looking for some kinda of database dump?

+Quote Post
enodr
post Apr 9 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,537

QUOTE(dz @ Apr 9 2006, 07:43 AM)
I'll look into this and see what I can do..  you're just looking for some kinda of database dump?

Basically yes, but if some files are in the /htdocs/mediawiki dir and provided there is no sensitive information stored there, maybe also a tarball of the dir would be nice along with the database dump.

+Quote Post
dz
post Apr 9 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #4

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

I'll see what I can do.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 06:29 AM