Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IRK works on SL-6000
cvmiller
post Apr 2 2004, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,592

Just got my SL-6000 last night (from Amazon).

I keep quite a few notes on my Zaurus (was SL-5500), and have been using the Pocketop IR keyboard for about a year.

I am happy to report that IRK 10.0 works just fine on the SL-6000. Just make sure that you put it in "SL5600/SLC7xx" mode.

I also found that Zeditor works great on the SL-6000. I had been using it fine on the SL-5500 as well.

The SL-6000 is a nice machine, but I definitely feel like Dirty Harry ("This is the most power PDA made") walking around with it in my pocket. Although it isn't that much bigger than the SL-5500, it feels big when one is used to the petite 5500.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
metal9966
post Apr 2 2004, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 898

have you tried any USB devices yet? Like a mass storage device or USB falsh memory reader? Thanks.

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Apr 5 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,592

have you tried any USB devices yet? Like a mass storage device or USB falsh memory reader? Thanks.

No, I haven't even put the unit in the cradle (either). Since I run Linux at home, all the sync software is useless to me. I installed sshd on the SL-6000, and via the built in wlan interface, I transfer everything with scp (or Konqueror sftp://)

I have been interested in trying out USB devices, but the cable supplied is a male, not female. So I assume you can connect them both to a hub and perhaps it will work. Not really sure, since the Z would be plugging into the "master" usb port on the hub.

I'll let you know when I try it out. I have been busy trying to get kismet to work (runs but detects nothing)

Craig...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 08:31 AM