Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want To Sell My Sl5600, Deals and Great Z Buys
zaurusdoctor
post Nov 10 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,197

Hi i bought a sl5600 zaurus, a few months ago, and the think is that im a med student, and i cant open all the books i need ion my zaurus, so i decide to sell it, so if anybody wants a zaurus sl5600 im selling it half the price it cost me. The price is 180$ anyone interested write to me to josueum1@hotmail.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brashley46
post Nov 11 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,227

QUOTE(zaurusdoctor @ Nov 10 2005, 04:04 AM)
Hi i bought a sl5600 zaurus, a few months ago, and the think is that im a med student, and i cant open all the books i need ion my zaurus, so i decide to sell it, so if anybody wants a zaurus sl5600 im selling it half the price it cost me. The price is 180$  anyone interested write to me to josueum1@hotmail.com

What format are those books in? I haven't seen anything so far that I couldn't crack one way or another, and I'm far from the biggest geek here ...

+Quote Post
adf
post Nov 11 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,572

Drop guylhem a line about zaurus and med school/practice. I expect he will prove a veritable fountain of useful info. Seriously, since we have someone here with real expertise in both areas, you should probably see what he has to say.

+Quote Post
zaurusdoctor
post Nov 13 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,197

[quote=brashley46,Nov 11 2005, 07:41 PM]
[quote=zaurusdoctor,Nov 10 2005, 04:04 AM]Hi i bought a sl5600 zaurus, a few months ago, and the think is that im a med student, and i cant open all the books i need ion my zaurus, so i decide to sell it, so if anybody wants a zaurus sl5600 im selling it half the price it cost me. The price is 180$  anyone interested write to me to josueum1@hotmail.com
What format are those books in? I haven't seen anything so far that I couldn't crack one way or another, and I'm far from the biggest geek here ...

The format is pdb, i imagine they got drm protection, or something cause when i try to open it using opie reader, just gave me non sense characters, and when i cheke the encode, the books got unknow. So i dont know what to do.

Thanks for helping me i really apreciate

+Quote Post
brashley46
post Nov 14 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,227

QUOTE(zaurusdoctor @ Nov 13 2005, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE(brashley46 @ Nov 11 2005, 07:41 PM)

QUOTE(zaurusdoctor @ Nov 10 2005, 04:04 AM)
Hi i bought a sl5600 zaurus, a few months ago, and the think is that im a med student, and i cant open all the books i need ion my zaurus, so i decide to sell it, so if anybody wants a zaurus sl5600 im selling it half the price it cost me. The price is 180$  anyone interested write to me to josueum1@hotmail.com

The format is pdb, i imagine they got drm protection, or something cause when i try to open it using opie reader, just gave me non sense characters, and when i cheke the encode, the books got unknow. So i dont know what to do.

Thanks for helping me i really apreciate

Palm database file. DRM'd. Hmm. If you have the Palm reader on your PC, is it possible you could convert these files *on your PC* to something Opie-Reader can handle? I've converted stuff from Microsoft Reader with convertlit, which outputs an HTML file, and then converted that to Mobipocket, which Opie-Reader handles well. Of course I'm a half-time semi-retired hospital worker with tonnes of free time, whereas you're a med student with no free time at all, right?

Maybe contacting guylhem is the right thing to do.

I recall seeing med students walking around with Franklin eBookmen, 4 or 5 years ago; when I got one, they ceased being cool. They had no DRM problem, though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 11:03 AM