Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guylhem Rom: First Qtopia 1.5 Release
ken
post May 9 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,063

Guylhem,

Thought I'd clean up your README file a little. I didn't see an email address in there to send this, so I'm attaching it here.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  README.zip ( 1.7K ) Number of downloads: 111

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ken
post May 9 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #17

Bug List (Qtopia GUI):
------------------------------------------------------------
1 - unable to change the Time Zone to other than what's listed. a subsequent reboot then allows the new timezone to show up
2 - SD card not detected (Kingston 512M SD)
3 - note - all your connections/WEP keys etc are listed
4 - new wireless connections with a 128 bit WEP key unable to connect
5 - new wired connections aren't working (shows up, but can't connect)
6 - sharp PIM information is gone (no biggie, just didnt expect it)
7 - removing-inserting CF cards multiple times(ethernet, then modem) caused the Z to hang
8 - creating a new modem connection file complains "Can't create ppp setup file"

most of my data/ipks/etc is on my SD so I was unable to test anything else. On the bright side, it does appear to be snappier. I notice that there are quite a number of useful items on the list.

Observed boot errors:
-----------------------------------------------------------
blkmtd: error: missing `device' name
IrCOMM protecol (Dag Brattli)
cramfs: wrong magic
FAT: bogus logical sector size 45147
Eep. Child "ascii-xfr" (ino #1312) of dir ino #1301 doesn't exist!
(it complains zknights.desktop, codepages, p80211.o, QtEmbedded-0.spec, LAN.conf, VPN.conf PAN.conf, DialUp.conf, IRDA.conf, PPPoEW.conf, libpan.so, f, l)
(it also has quite a number of Inode #xxxx was a directory with children - removing those too...)
(then says a bunch of Cannot remove child "xxx", ino #4895, because it doesn't exist (zknights.desktop, ascii-xfr, codepages, QtEmbedded-0.spec, LAN.conf, VPN.conf, PAN.conf, DialUp.conf, IRDA.conf, PPPoEW.conf, libpan.so, f, l, p80211.o)
modeprobe: Can't locate module usb_ohci_tc6393
pxa_sd_stopclock: clock stop time out. (retries 2x10 times) then gives up
VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev mmcd(60,1).

Comments:
-----------------------------------------------------------
I suspect a number of those errors are because it can't find the SD card. I also observed that the SD card drivers loaded up just prior to the login prompt. I tried keeping the SD card in, and inserting it after it boots, but no icon for the SD card shows up at the bottom.

Creating a modem connection via the @ Tab, "Get Online" works
Creating a wired/wireless connection via the @ Tab, "Get Online" doesn't connect

rebooting to the console, SD card in.

When I remove the SD card:
pxa_sd_wait_response: card removed (cmd=12)
pxa_sd_wait_response: card removed (cmd=12)
pxa_sd_wait_id_response: card removed (cmd=12)
pxa_sd_wait_id_response: card removed (cmd=12)

When I reinsert the SD card:
pxa_sd_stopclock: clock stop time out. (retry count x) x = total of 10 times
give up!![SD]-clustsize = 4000
mmcda: mmcda1
mmcda:mmcda1
mmcda: mmcda1
mmcda:mmcda1

(I think it's because it thinks the SD card is ext2 rather than the default fat?)

note: If I drop down to the console, and su, then change the /etc/fstab entry to fat, I'm able to do a mount, but it won't unmount automatically. It will however allow me to read the sd, and the sd icon appears.

sharp's default fstab entres are as follows:

/dev/mtdblock2 / jffs2 ro,noatime 1 1
/dev/mtdblock3 /home jffs2 defaults,noatime 1 2
none /dev/shm tmpfs size=1m,noauto 0 0
/dev/mmcda1 /mnt/card auto noauto,owner 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0

changing the /dev/mmcda1 line to match sharp's default one allows me to type in:
mount /dev/mmcda1 (upon which the SD card now shows up properly). The SD card icon will unmount properly if the card is pulled out, but I have to drop down to the console and mount it manually whenever I reinsert it (unfortunately, the GUI software install program only shows "Internal Flash" as the only location I can install anything to (the SD or CF card doesn't show up).

+Quote Post
adf
post May 9 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,572

You could just mount the sd card manually, or edit fstab and/or mtab

Things seem to install just fine. Loaded the camera software (and module) kino2, advanced fm, some libs wellenreiter, multimodal (couldn't find a 755 ipk and was too lazy to strip it)browser XQT (which runs very nicely from internal flash) qtopia mamory applet, the ffpe kernel etc.
can't find my belkin irk ipk though...(re did my sytem a few weeks ago..I seem to have kepth the targus version.

a question, though.
how does one set the processor speed from commandline?

also I can see the need for a few scripts eventually.(would you like tmp on cf or sd? etc) and maybe the inclusion of swapd in the basic part of the rom? (with a yes/no on boot or installaion)

+Quote Post
gab74
post May 10 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,411

i'm testing the rom...and things works well...
A strange thing....
SL6000 seems slow when i try to use some default apps....
i noticed that speed is set to slow.... so i try to select MAXIMUM after this may i have to reboot the ZAURUS or the new frequency is set without rebooting ???

if i want to put qtopia 1.5 on my SD may i use the SYS backup without gui and untar the qtopia1.5 tgz file ? Are theese files updated ?? I need more ram on my SL6000....

+Quote Post
guylhem
post May 10 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,365

ken,

Thanks a lot for the readme. I'll use it. Thanks for the bug report too. Regarding the bugs, as you guessed the SD problems come from fstab. If I use sharp defaults, it has problem with my ext2 card. I think I'll ship with vfat per default, and keep ext2 for me if I can't find a play to have both play nicely. I also tweaked the sdcontrol script IIRC from /etc/ to have ext2, so you need to edit it too.

For the Timezone, I just click on the globe item, replace the timezone, close the app, open the date appplication again and set it. How is it different from a stock sharp rom?

The network problems are strange. I'll see if I can test it more but I don't understand why such problems happends. Regarding my wep keys etc, guys please don't distribute them :-) I'll try to clean the next release better (I only have 1 6000 for both my personnal use and rom releases !- a second one would help, I'll consider purchasing a spare)

Most of the boot errors are normal (cramfs for ex.) I'm removing blkmtd and usr_ohci errors which I added.

adf, click on the battery for overclocking. Installation targets and the "filebrowser" tabs don't work for some reason. I'll try to fix it.

I guess the remaining important bugs are :
- network connections
- vfat SD card issues

I'll try to post an update soon.

PS: could someone please send me a .tar.gz of /opt/QtPalmtop.rom/lib/fonts? Deleted it by mistake while working on font issues.

+Quote Post
gfdsa
post May 10 2005, 01:05 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 6,256

very good job guylhem, tried yesterday, without mentioning the listed above issues, i can.t connect usb keyboard, the device is detected, but not claimed by a driver, i suspect it should be kbdsim? or i lack hid drivers?

+Quote Post
ken
post May 10 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #22

>for me if I can't find a play to have both play nicely. I also tweaked the sdcontrol >script IIRC from /etc/ to have ext2, so you need to edit it too.

I'm not sure what you tweaked, you might have to explain it to me later.

>For the Timezone, I just click on the globe item, replace the timezone, close the >app, open the date appplication again and set it. How is it different from a stock >sharp rom?

The sharp rom basically takes in the new settings as soon as you add it, no need to open and close the app again.

>The network problems are strange. I'll see if I can test it more but I don't

I'm not sure why either. It's probably something small that was overlooked. Possibly may have to do with your cleaning up all the symlinks. I agree that the sharp rom had a ton of weird symlinking.

>Most of the boot errors are normal (cramfs for ex.) I'm removing blkmtd and >usr_ohci errors which I added.

My guess on this is the device wasn't created in /dev. As for the ohci error, I think it's possibly a pathing or permission issue.

>PS: could someone please send me a .tar.gz of /opt/QtPalmtop.rom/lib/fonts? >Deleted it by mistake while working on font issues.

Not a problem. I just don't have your email to send it to ...

+Quote Post
rip
post May 10 2005, 02:30 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 4,916

wep key 40 bits entered and surfing ok,
qtopia destop restore ran fine from the craddle
rotation works fine but seems to need a recalibration.
i'll try my cf bt pretec later.

any help about installing things elwere than in internal memory?

+Quote Post
ken
post May 10 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #24

I suppose I could compare the network settings that you have with what Sharp produces and grab ifconfig and other info ...

Network settings for the Sharp rom are stored in /home/zaurus/Applications/Network/modules

+Quote Post
rip
post May 10 2005, 04:11 AM
Post #25

another little pb, the file browser after a reboot shows your sd files, not mine wink.gif
obliged to eject the sd and to plug it again, then its fine

+Quote Post
rip
post May 10 2005, 04:21 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(guylhem @ May 8 2005, 10:58 PM)
adf - regading fstab - oops. I use ext2 on my SD. I will fix that. devimage is not working yet - I've got to fix its paths, etc. It should take a while. Regarding ipkg - oops again. To minimise flash wear, I put /tmp and /var in a ramdisk. It's only 1 Mb that's why it's exhauting. I'll fix that. Meanwhile simply replace /tmp link by a real /tmp when you do an install.

hum hum, i don(t know what file to edit/change to change the /tmp path, could you help?

many thanks

+Quote Post
adf
post May 10 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(rip @ May 10 2005, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE(guylhem @ May 8 2005, 10:58 PM)

adf - regading fstab - oops. I use ext2 on my SD. I will fix that. devimage is not working yet - I've got to fix its paths, etc. It should take a while. Regarding ipkg - oops again. To minimise flash wear, I put /tmp and /var in a ramdisk. It's only 1 Mb that's why it's exhauting. I'll fix that. Meanwhile simply replace /tmp link by a real /tmp when you do an install.

hum hum, i don(t know what file to edit/change to change the /tmp path, could you help?

many thanks

it's simple, really. just su
and do mkdir /mnt/card/tmp (or mnt/cf/tmp if you prefer it on cf) and then do
ln -sf /mnt/card/tmp /tmp

and you are all set.
maybe the same should be done w/ var.

+Quote Post
gfdsa
post May 10 2005, 07:47 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 6,256

no unicode fonts btw, had to copy files from Qtopiarom.tar.gz previously installed

+Quote Post
adf
post May 10 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #29

I can click on the battery f i am in qtopia.

If not... what are the commands for the various clock speeds. Imagine qtopia was not at all installed... how would I change clockspeeds then?

(atm I'm thinking of how to change 'em in pocketworkstationvnc--though I still haven't figured out the keymap issue I think it haas to to with -hw specification in fbvnc, but I haven't had a lot of luck yet)

+Quote Post
rip
post May 10 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #30

it's simple, really. just su
and do mkdir /mnt/card/tmp (or mnt/cf/tmp if you prefer it on cf) and then do
ln -sf /mnt/card/tmp /tmp

and you are all set.
maybe the same should be done w/ var.

[/quote]
uhhhh , made the changes on tmp and the brick reboots itself and stuck on splashscreen for 30 minutes, ...
reset = same thing, had to reflash again, hihi

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:28 AM