4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Big Problem... (deleted)
Laze
post Apr 29 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Both Sash, hrw, koen + more are acting like children...

So lets try and stay calm.

Its true there are hacks/patches from each the different distros in the other distros. So now lets calm down.

- OZ/OE people please refrain from posting about whats better/fixed in OZ in pdaXrom related threads - your inputs and solutions are always nice. Also please don't blame our and tell bad things about in forums or IRC - sometimes we read the IRC logs and don't like it.

- Sash stop behaving like a child - yes you do great work and you know i love it. But that doesn't allow you to act like a 7 year old. If you have any problems and think pdaXrom needs som credit or something lets us talk with the OZ people in private IRC etc.

The only thing we get from these public arguments is that the regular user thinks the Zaurus future is going down the drain.

OZ/OE: Sash has the uboot working and its pretty much fixed - so lets talk and see what it gives us.

Ps. I like both distros and use them...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Apr 29 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

about the uboot, how can this benefit a regular sharprom user? I usually bounce around between pdaXrom and OZ. Also, can i uninstall it?

What are the pro's and con's of trying to sell my unit to someone if they want the default sharprom booter and i have the uboot installed.

Im asking cuz i sold my c1000 for a c3200 and now planning of selling this one for a c3300 if when needed. I basically updated my zaurus for 250 dollars.

+Quote Post
Antikx
post May 1 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,127

QUOTE(Laze @ Apr 29 2006, 04:30 PM)
The only thing we get from these public arguments is that the regular user thinks the Zaurus future is going down the drain.

The OZ, Cacko and pdaXrom devs put so much into what they do and they should be proud of it. It's unfortunate that people can't forgive each other and work togther.

QUOTE(Laze @ Apr 29 2006, 04:30 PM)
Ps. I like both distros and use them...

Me too. After the novelty of OZ wears off, it's going to be hard pressed to decide on one.

Altbooting in a 64/64 configuration would be a nice option. Both groups working on the same ROM would be even better. One can hope.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post May 1 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

I install both roms at the moment just to see how far they come along. But honestly, I need just one application to work on them to make me move over.

bdicty. has my medical encyclopedia and dictionary plus more libraries.

+Quote Post
Xromer
post May 2 2006, 06:24 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,229

Laze i agree with you totally.
As i said here, it' s not productive to have a fight with anyone.
And no matter what the error is and what the lack, only discussing it without doing any controversy it' s constructive.
Instead, as they are all open environments, we should encourage people contributing and telling their own to grow as much as possibile.
BYEZ!!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
cycle_55
post May 2 2006, 06:57 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,143

I agree totally, keep up the good work everyone....

+Quote Post
cmonex
post May 2 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,288

yes.... i agree...

and please unite and work on only one ROM... would be so much easier for everyone... smile.gif and just better! cool.gif

+Quote Post
adf
post May 2 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,572

I think the two parties have different enough goals that anything but occasional collaboration can be expected.

+Quote Post
Antikx
post May 3 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(adf @ May 2 2006, 10:50 PM)
I think the two parties have different enough goals that anything but occasional collaboration can be expected.

Are their goals documented?
If so I would like to read them so that I might find it easier to plug in to a spot down the read and start helping out.

+Quote Post
ScottYelich
post May 4 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 609

QUOTE(Antikx @ May 3 2006, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE(adf @ May 2 2006, 10:50 PM)

Are their goals documented?
If so I would like to read them so that I might find it easier to plug in to a spot down the read and start helping out.

yea... check out the flame wars last year :->

Scott

+Quote Post
bam
post May 4 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,306

imagine a single x-based rom from both OZ and pdaXrom team, that would rock big time, then get Maslovsky to get with the opie side of things....oh wait my friend just slapped me in the back of the headit will never happen....bummer.

+Quote Post
Antikx
post May 4 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(bam @ May 4 2006, 01:54 PM)
....oh wait my friend just slapped me in the back of the headit will never happen....bummer.

I belive they can come together.

Everyday we sacrifice the important things for the more important things. The more important thing is this community.

+Quote Post
clofland
post May 4 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 813

Agreed. Getting along is VERY important in development.

Remember, it takes two to fight.

Usually the best way to end a fight is to just admit your oponent "has a point" and move on and try to work together.

+Quote Post
diesel1
post May 4 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 759

It would be good to develop the OZ/pdaXrom systems together where possible and to work together in a common environment when there are major internal differences.

If every amount of energy spent negatively could be put to use in at least a cooperative arena, then we can, at least, say we are working in the true sense of free software development, the use and promotion of free software and ultimately providing a free and open technological future for the Human race.

PHew! blink.gif

Simon.

C860 - pdaXrom 1.1.0-Beta? Anytime, Real Soon Now? Pretty Please... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post May 4 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(diesel1 @ May 5 2006, 10:21 AM)
It would be good to develop the OZ/pdaXrom systems together where possible and to work together in a common environment when there are major internal differences.

If every amount of energy spent negatively could be put to use in at least a cooperative arena, then we can, at least, say we are working in the true sense of free software development, the use and promotion of free software and ultimately providing a free and open technological future for the Human race.

PHew!  blink.gif

Simon.

C860 - pdaXrom 1.1.0-Beta?  Anytime, Real Soon Now? Pretty Please... biggrin.gif

I don't think one distro would be a good idea. afterall, the goals and approach of each project is different. It's like demanding all the different linux distros for the PCs to recombine d into one. Will never happen, and having many distros is a good thing as it gives you choices. However, they should be working together to make a set of compat libs so one can install and run apps written for one distro on the other similar to the alien concept.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 08:03 AM