Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Netgear Ma701 + Cacko 1.22 Issues?
xfesty
post Jan 22 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,679

Hi,

Anybody else having issues with their Netgear MA701 card and cacko 1.22 (was working fine in 1.21)?

Mine is recognised fine, but won't connect to any WEP networks; and when I connect to a non-WEP network, the connection is dodgy as hell (seems to drop out; get about 90% packet loss when I try to ping the router). Tried it on several AP's, same issues.

I plug in a PCMCIA based Prism card (senao) into a CF>PCMCIA converter and it works perfectly.

Anybody else having the same issues?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xfesty
post Jan 24 2005, 04:42 AM
Post #2

I see there are no replies, oddly...

If you have a MA701 wireless card and it works fine, or you have the same issue, please say so! This will at least help to work out where the problem is.

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Jan 24 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,633

You may have to be a little more patient as the site's transition may mean less people looking in. I used to have one, but the card died.

BTW there shouldn't be any problems, because it is based off the most common architecture.

+Quote Post
drdank
post Jan 24 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,524

QUOTE(xfesty @ Jan 22 2005, 09:47 PM)
Hi,

Anybody else having issues with their Netgear MA701 card and cacko 1.22 (was working fine in 1.21)?

Mine is recognised fine, but won't connect to any WEP networks; and when I connect to a non-WEP network, the connection is dodgy as hell (seems to drop out; get about 90% packet loss when I try to ping the router).  Tried it on several AP's, same issues.

I plug in a PCMCIA based Prism card (senao) into a CF>PCMCIA converter and it works perfectly.

Anybody else having the same issues?

I had that same card and it was a piece of garbage. Apparently, the antenna would have a loose connection and you'd have to wiggle the card to get a good signal. I tossed it and bought the Ambicom card which has given me zero problems to date.

+Quote Post
xfesty
post Jan 24 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #5

Hmm, I can't say I've had any problems like that with mine. I've had bad experience with Netgear in the past, and didn't want a card from them initially, but at the time I tried to get a Prism based card for my Z I got stuffed around by Expansys for weeks on end until they told me they couldn't get one to me, by which time I gave up and just got the Netgear from a local supplier.

It's worked fine; no reception issues at all. It's only since 1.22 I'm having problems. Maybe there were several revisions of the card?

I should perhaps also add that I used to use the hostap drivers under 1.21 with no problems, either.

+Quote Post
xfesty
post Jan 25 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #6

Argh, can anybody help? maslovsky?

The card worked *FINE* under 1.21. I just tried upgrading the firmware on it on a laptop with a PCMCIA->CF converter but it's made no difference.

In my dmesg I am getting these messages soon as I put the card in:

wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 5000 usec
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue - timeout - reg=0x8888
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd: entry still in list? (entry=c3b90c60, type=0, res-1)
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd: interrupted; err=-110
wifi0: hfa384x_get_rid: CMDCODE_ACCESS failed (res=-110, rid=fd51, len=6)

repeat 5 million times.

+Quote Post
stupkid
post Jan 26 2005, 08:13 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,324

Does rolling back to Cacko 1.21 work? If so, what driver is being used?

+Quote Post
xfesty
post Jan 27 2005, 06:33 PM
Post #8

Sorry, the kernel errors I pasted above are irrelevant - my other (working) Prism card does this too when the card is asleep (i.e. not on an active network profile).

Yes, rolling back to 1.21 works. This is using the default wlan drivers, or installing the hostap ipkg. Although, admittedly, I always /did/ have problems connecting to WEP networks (I made earlier posts about this), but no issues at all connecting to non-WEP networks or running kismet.

+Quote Post
samxiao
post Apr 1 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,200

QUOTE(xfesty @ Jan 27 2005, 09:33 PM)
Sorry, the kernel errors I pasted above are irrelevant - my other (working) Prism card does this too when the card is asleep (i.e. not on an active network profile).

Yes, rolling back to 1.21 works.  This is using the default wlan drivers, or installing the hostap ipkg.  Although, admittedly, I always /did/ have problems connecting to WEP networks (I made earlier posts about this), but no issues at all connecting to non-WEP networks or running kismet.

how did you do rolling back for driver?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:01 PM