Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ambicom Cf Gprs Card
MRNUTTY
post Feb 10 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,384

Has anyone used the ambicom GPRS card for data only?

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?pf...20&dept_id=4440

i see the WIFI ambicom card i ordeed works on the c3k, hope i'm lucky with the GPRS one. smile.gif

i also bought an FM card, for yucks....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MRNUTTY
post Feb 25 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #2

QUOTE("misch")
Go to www.steyla.com. Scroll all the way done to the bottom. On the right hand side, you'll find a 'Special On Zaurus Computers'. Click that and scroll
to the buttom of this page,

Tell me if you need something else.

Michaela

wow! i didn't even see this message (and I only ahve one), where has my head been. I'll follow up on it ASAP. thanks very much for info!!!

Thanks!
John

+Quote Post
MRNUTTY
post Feb 25 2005, 10:56 AM
Post #3

quote]

SUCCESS!! i am posting from the sl-c3000 on GPRS smile.gif i think i butchered a few things but it's letting me get to my work email. that's enough for one day smile.gif

i get a TCP read error on google.com that i don't get with WIFI before the new kernel, ill go bck nd check that.

THANKS!!!!

+Quote Post
MRNUTTY
post Mar 9 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(MRNUTTY @ Feb 25 2005, 02:56 PM)
quote]

SUCCESS!! i am posting from the sl-c3000 on GPRS smile.gif i think i butchered a few things but it's letting me get to my work email. that's enough for one day smile.gif

i get a TCP read error on google.com that i don't get with WIFI before the new kernel, ill go bck nd check that.

THANKS!!!!

since then, i've been using opera 7.30 browser successfully.

+Quote Post
Gondola
post Mar 10 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,189

That's very cool. I've got a Blackberry with an unlimited data plan through work; I'm wondering if I could just transfer the SIM card from it to one of these devices?

Too bad they're so expensive..

QUOTE(MRNUTTY @ Mar 10 2005, 03:24 AM)
quote]

THANKS!!!!

+Quote Post
MRNUTTY
post Mar 11 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #6

should be. i used my t-mobile sim from my aircard 750.... which might be going on ebay now wink.gif not sure how many channel i get though . my smartphone was class 10, the aircard class 12 http://www.texan.net/speed.htm test yours here.

QUOTE(Gondola @ Mar 10 2005, 11:13 AM)
That's very cool.  I've got a Blackberry with an unlimited data plan through work; I'm wondering if I could just transfer the SIM card from it to one of these devices?

Too bad they're so expensive..

QUOTE(MRNUTTY @ Mar 10 2005, 03:24 AM)
quote]

THANKS!!!!

+Quote Post
rickh
post Mar 11 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,336

Just wanted to add for those of use that don't have GPRS (read, Sprint), the CF2031 works out of the box on a C3000 with SDG Systems 1xRTT Connection Manager. You can get the software from here.

HTH

R.
==

+Quote Post
Howard Roark
post Apr 5 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,778

What about the fm card, will it work on the C3K?

+Quote Post
MRNUTTY
post Apr 7 2005, 06:33 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(rickh @ Mar 11 2005, 11:04 PM)
Just wanted to add for those of use that don't have GPRS (read, Sprint), the CF2031 works out of the box on a C3000 with SDG Systems 1xRTT Connection Manager.  You can get the software from here.

HTH

R.
==

well i have a ton of CF cards decades of reverse engineering experience, but no time to work. someday will be good but not tonight..... any CF programming docs appreciated. sadly i have just enough functionality to take the edge off my needs sad.gif

+Quote Post
steliosx
post Apr 28 2005, 04:54 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,081

where did u get this card from MRNUTTY ?

im interested as I have an unlimited vodafone GR 3g/gprs mobile connect card & Sim package, so I guess I can do with it what you did with your tmobile.

please let me know how much u paid for it

thanks!

+Quote Post
MRNUTTY
post Apr 29 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(steliosx @ Apr 28 2005, 08:54 AM)
where did u get this card from MRNUTTY ?

im interested as I have an unlimited vodafone GR 3g/gprs mobile connect card & Sim package, so I guess I can do with it what you did with your tmobile.

please let me know how much u paid for it

thanks!

i used the kernal from www.steyla.com i bought the card from mobilplanet 'ambicom compact flash card' 900/1800/1900 i gto without t-mobiile aciivation since i already had a t-mobile pocketpc (which is still a great unit except the 2003 upgrade made flash unbearable.) i think the SP3i have, and GPRS card have better, not as good as the sP3i thought it's been the reception. i'm getting a blackberry 7290 as well. pretty hyped smile.gif

+Quote Post
steliosx
post May 7 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,081

MRNUTTY hello again,

could you please confirm that your card that works with steyla kernel is the one that can be seen at: http://www.play247.gr/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1069
and http://www.ambicom.com.tw/products/GPRS11A-CF.htm ?
(AmbiCom GPRS11A-CF Tri-Band GSM/GPRS CompactFlash Card)

as you probably understood, Im ready to buy one of those babies! in order to use it with my vodafone .gr 3g/gprs data card, the one at: http://www.vodafone.gr/live1/page.jsp?pid=...vars=0000000000
could you please have a look and tell me your opinion on whether it should work or not? from what I understood its something similar to your own case!

thanks in advance..

+Quote Post
AndyTiedye
post May 8 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 6,650

QUOTE(rickh @ Mar 11 2005, 08:04 PM)
Just wanted to add for those of use that don't have GPRS (read, Sprint), the CF2031 works out of the box on a C3000 with SDG Systems 1xRTT Connection Manager.  You can get the software from here.

HTH

R.
==

Is there ANY way to activate one of those cards on Verizon?

We don't hear Sprint too good up here. GSM carriers only at the top of the hill. Maybe.
Verizon loud and clear, but they don't sell a CF card.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 03:58 PM