OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Needed!, Firefox crashes and IDE2 says full!!!
neo_com_3
post Jun 25 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,823

Hi there...

I found 3 major problems recently...

a)First of all I tried to install the flash plug in for Firefox. As I found out later, Firefox crashes every time I access a flash site. After several installations and unistallation - Firefox still had problems even without the plug in - now I can access flash site while Firefox ask me for the plug in, but after a while, when I go to an other site - without flash - it crashes! I install the java plug in this weekend. You think that this is might be the problem, or shall I search for something else?

cool.gifI install some ipks on IDE2 and even with 20 MB free, the free percentage shows 0%. Why?

c)I use to overclock my Z without problems, but yesterday it halted 3 times. It did not went white screen or else, just halted. Is this problem caused from the overclock?

I really need to have my Z totally functional and these are really problems for me. Any help is really welcome...

Regards,

Neo...

P.S.: I have a C3200, running pdaxrom beta3...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
desertrat
post Jun 25 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,322

QUOTE(neo_com_3 @ Jun 25 2007, 08:26 AM)
cool.gifI install some ipks on IDE2 and even with 20 MB free, the free percentage shows 0%. Why?
Rounding "errors"? Aside from that are you actually prevented from installing other stuff because there is 0% free space left? If not then I wouldn't too much about it. Eg "df" says my disk is 100% used even though I have a few MBs of free space left on it.

c)I use to overclock my Z without problems, but yesterday it halted 3 times. It did not went white screen or else, just halted. Is this problem caused from the overclock?
P.S.: I have a C3200, running pdaxrom beta3...
Isn't the C3200 supposed to have problems under/overclocking? STA.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Jun 25 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,575

Were the Firefox plugins for ARM CPUs? If not, that could easily cause the crashes.

+Quote Post
T3_slider
post Jun 25 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,449

I could never get the Flash plugin to work in Firefox -- it always crashed when accessing a Flash site. I just removed /usr/lib/firefox/lib/firefox-1.5/plugins/libflash.so* and now Firefox never crashes (although I still don't have a working flash plugin).

+Quote Post
miskinis
post Jun 25 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,159

A while back I was also trying to get flash to work on my Z. But I remember
reading a lot of stuff in the license agreement that prohibited the use of
the flash player on mobile systems, other than Microsoft-based ones.

I also read that if you did manage to get it to work, and used it on a
prohibited mobile system, you could be subject to all kinds of fees.

I figured I'd mention this, but it was a long time ago, ad the details are foggy.

+Quote Post
adf
post Jun 25 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(T3_slider @ Jun 25 2007, 11:52 PM)
I could never get the Flash plugin to work in Firefox -- it always crashed when accessing a Flash site. I just removed /usr/lib/firefox/lib/firefox-1.5/plugins/libflash.so* and now Firefox never crashes (although I still don't have a working flash plugin).

it did work, a while back, and even then it only handled outdated flash stuff.

I think maybe we should have a good look at gnash.

edit: also there seems to be some interesting develpment in cpu frequency control in pdax going on just now.hopefully your clockspeed issued will be resolved

+Quote Post
miskinis
post Jun 25 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,159

FYI - I double checked the license agreement about the flash player, and it
still seems to be the case. See section 3.1 at the following link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/players/flash/

+Quote Post
adf
post Jun 25 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(miskinis @ Jun 26 2007, 03:03 AM)
FYI - I double checked the license agreement about the flash player, and it
still seems to be the case.  See section 3.1 at the following link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/players/flash/

another very good reason to use a f.o.s.s flash player smile.gif

+Quote Post
neo_com_3
post Jun 26 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 10,823

Hi there m8s...

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your answers. Well this is what I found out...

Both plugins - Flash and Java - cause problems to Firefox. Java is working but some times crashes Firefox or halt the whole system - it was not an overclock problem. The Flash plugin crash Firefox always when you visit a flash site. The only time worked out for me was when I install the plugin with Firefox running. When I visit the first Flash site, it was working perfect. I tried all the possible options on that site - I know it very well cause I build it - and all were ok!!! But when I went to the next Flash site it crashes again...

So I have to uninstall both plugins and disable Java and Java script in Firefox options and now all are working as before...

Also now I got correct left space on my IDE2. I have less than 1 MB but now on package installer it show 745KB, which is the actual free space - before it was showing 0KB, while I had the same free space. This happend after a few reboots...

I feel that soon we will be able to have Flash and Java to our Firefox explorer, that will work correctly...

Thx again...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 05:23 PM