Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum Infected With Malware, ... doing malicious redirects
Varti
post Feb 24 2016, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

Hi,

this is a long standing issue here, but so far no-one has ever fixed it. sad.gif

Every time I try to access the forum, the first time it always redirects to a malicious website (url123.info). When I reload the page, it correctly redirects me to the forum.

This seems to be the issue (thanks Tomoe for the hint):

https://revisium.com/en/kbe/infected_ipb_and_vbulletin.html

I hope that the DB (with the usernames/passwords) hasn't been compromised too sad.gif

Varthall
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Varti
post Mar 21 2016, 05:17 AM
Post #2

I have now sent a PM to InSearchOf, he seems to still come here from time to time. I wonder if he's the only remaining admin here or if there are others who are still active...

Varthall

+Quote Post
sdjf
post Sep 28 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,551

I wonder if the malware had anything to do with triggering the last 6 months or so of outage?

Looking at his profile, it looks like InSearchOf has not been here (at this point) since July 2015. Several moderators have privatized the dates of their last visits, so it is hard to say if there are any active moderators at all!

+Quote Post
Varti
post Sep 29 2016, 12:57 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(sdjf @ Sep 29 2016, 05:28 AM) *
I wonder if the malware had anything to do with triggering the last 6 months or so of outage?

No idea. The malware was anyway here since at least a couple of years, I believe it might have been some server update on the host which might have required to fix the configuration files of the forum. I'm anyway glad that the malware has been removed, there's no redirection anymore when opening www.oesf.org, just a blank page is opened. IMHO it would be better that it would link to the main OESF page, or redirect to www.oesf.org/forum.

Looking at his profile, it looks like InSearchOf has not been here (at this point) since July 2015. Several moderators have privatized the dates of their last visits, so it is hard to say if there are any active moderators at all!

I guess that the moderators' list requires a cleanup and new moderators should be found, among the users who are more active lately here.

Varthall

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 04:00 AM