2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharp Sl-6000 Batteries In Stock!, found a vendor with EA-BL09
stac
post Sep 15 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,054

Yes, they're $89 each, but they have them in stock as of 9/15 @ 3:15PM... I've had batteries on backorder in various places, and found this vendor today.

http://www.partstore.com

With the 6000's limited production run, seems like it's a good thing to keep an extra battery or two around for the long haul.

Best Regards,
Stac
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 23 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

site still advertises the batteries, same price, so I hope they still have stock.

thanks for the top tip.

+Quote Post
rollfaster
post Nov 11 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,499

Not there anymore, a shame... sad.gif

+Quote Post
adf
post Nov 11 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(rollfaster @ Nov 11 2005, 11:34 PM)
Not there anymore, a shame...  sad.gif

Apparently the lifespan of a litium ion battery is measured from production date. (based on some stuff I read recently). If this is so, then a "new, sealed" batery of the same date as the one I'm using might not live that much longer than the one in my Z. Hardly worth $100 even if one could be found.

Does anyone have any useful and informed insight here?

My conclusion is (as you can see by me recent post in 6000 hardware) is that some kind of enclosure that uses off-the-shelf batteries and snaps into the 6000's battery well is the best solution. The problem design and constuction.

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post Nov 14 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,468

QUOTE(adf @ Nov 11 2005, 06:43 PM)
Apparently the lifespan of a litium ion battery is measured from production date.

True. But, there are a bunch of factors that determine how fast it degrades.

If you want to keep an LI-ON battery for storage, you get the best life by doing the following:

1) Discharge to 40%
2) Seal (to prevent moisture) and refrigerate.

I've seen numbers that the battery will lose < 1% / year of capacity in these conditions.

+Quote Post
adf
post Nov 15 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(DrWowe @ Nov 15 2005, 06:42 AM)
QUOTE(adf @ Nov 11 2005, 06:43 PM)
Apparently the lifespan of a litium ion battery is measured from production date.

True. But, there are a bunch of factors that determine how fast it degrades.

If you want to keep an LI-ON battery for storage, you get the best life by doing the following:

1) Discharge to 40%
2) Seal (to prevent moisture) and refrigerate.

I've seen numbers that the battery will lose < 1% / year of capacity in these conditions.

thanks ! that is useful info

+Quote Post
Streamline
post Nov 19 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,526

I contacted our supplier for the 6000's in Japan and they cannot get the EABL-09 I have no idea why and they didn't understand it either. However we can get the cf/battery extender that does include 1 EABL-09 It takes us 2 weeks to get it and they are quite expensive but it doubles your battery for the 6000. I know its not the best solution but it is a solution none the less.

+Quote Post
rollfaster
post Nov 20 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #8

Well vendors, keep us updated. I will happily buy two EA-BL09 from the first vendor (who ships to the US) who gets new batteries in stock. wink.gif

+Quote Post
neuroshock
post Nov 24 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,562

Hey all,

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is a Missionary in Japan. He's gonna poke around and see if he can find any locally in stores etc. that might be catching dust. If he has any success he'll get back up with me and let me know how many he can get and what the price would be. I told him that I'm sure if anyone else is interested in getting a spare or three we'd definitely make it worth his while. Plus the shipping would be much cheaper if he could ship them all at the same time.

So if you're interested go ahead and send me a PM and I'll toss you back a reply when I know more. I'm actually fairly spooked about this issue- not being able to purchase replacement batteries would be more than a minor problem in the future. If this drops through we will have no choice but to find a way to create a viable replacement ourselves, and I find that very disinheartening.

Be Safe,
-NeuroShock

QUOTE(rollfaster @ Nov 20 2005, 04:51 PM)
Well vendors, keep us updated. I will happily buy two EA-BL09 from the first vendor (who ships to the US) who gets new batteries in stock.  wink.gif

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 24 2005, 02:30 AM
Post #10

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(neuroshock @ Nov 24 2005, 09:18 AM)
he'll get back up with me and let me know how many he can get and what the price would be.  I told him that I'm sure if anyone else is interested in getting a spare or three we'd definitely

I'm definitely in for it, if the price to England is less than US$75.

cheers
Paul

+Quote Post
Streamline
post Nov 24 2005, 07:17 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 5,526

I am also working on this problem. I have a battery manufacturer looking into making these. Once the prototype is done and has been tested we will let you know.

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Nov 24 2005, 08:44 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,633

I would definitely prefer newly created batteries over batteries that have been sitting on a shelf for a year. Considering I am getting rid of the expansion sleeve (loved the functionality, but hated the bulk), I might consider an extra battery.

+Quote Post
ceffyl
post Nov 28 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 4,621

QUOTE(Streamline @ Nov 24 2005, 03:17 PM)
I am also working on this problem. I have a battery manufacturer looking into making these. Once the prototype is done and has been tested we will let you know.

This would be awesome. I hope you are able to find a solution to it. I've thought about purchasing the expansion sleeve for the 6k, but I am not keen on the additional bulk added to the unit.

Thanks.

Ceffyl

+Quote Post
rollfaster
post Nov 28 2005, 09:06 AM
Post #14

I am also in on this one for two batteries below $100. smile.gif

+Quote Post
adf
post Nov 28 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Streamline @ Nov 24 2005, 03:17 PM)

you might take a look at doing something different..like making a snap-in battery pack that takes AA or AAA or some other commonly available battery. I was planning to look into this myself, but you are in a better position to do so, if inclined, I think.

a pack that takes 6 AAA might not stick out very far....and would provide plnty of cheap power. The design could easily be applied to make clamshell battery packs as well.

given a AAA is @ 850 mAh... that is a total fo 5100 mAh per pack... though I guess some useful power will be lost in the voltage regulation, etc.

Long life and off-the-shelf batteries would be a real help for travelers, I think.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:35 AM