Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zbook3k, is the pdf file good/bad?
GadgetGuy
post Oct 21 2005, 05:07 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,977

QUOTE(Meanie @ Oct 20 2005, 08:30 PM)
Does anyone else have a preference to the zbook being in portrait or landscape mode? I am planning on only generating one version since it takes too much time for me to upload on my slow link. At the moment I am thinking about switching to only provide a portrait mode version. Any thoughts?

Meanie, I prefer portrait for printing (less pages) or landscape for reading on the Z.

Since I refer most often to the printed version, I would vote portrait.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Nov 14 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 6,686

It's been updated yet again. I now am generating them in portrait only and have got the paging almost sorted out. Most of the images won't be split across two pages anymore so it looks much better now when printed out.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Nov 15 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,740

QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 14 2005, 03:13 PM)
It's been updated yet again. I now am generating them in portrait only and have got the paging almost sorted out. Most of the images won't be split across two pages anymore so it looks much better now when printed out.

Hi, meanie. Thanks for all the help.

Maybe it has been fixed already. A while back, I printed out your "book" using 2 pages per sheet (2 portrait originals into 1 landsape sheet). Somehow a lot of blank space was left unused at the top and the bottom while the pages looked too small. It appears to be the result of big margings in the original. Maybe it's just me but I would like to save on ink and paper. So using smaller margins could be helpful when I print your next update.

But thanks for all the good work you do.

+Quote Post
sstrungis
post Nov 15 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 8,527

I am happy with your book. However, it is next to impossible to read using Opera on my stock SL-5500. Perhaps I am having swap issues?

It's a great read on my PowerBook! A big help as I am speccing out the various C series models and working towards a purchase

+Quote Post
t,munari
post Nov 15 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 6,199

Big big thanks, it's really the "n. 1 resource" for us 3x00 users,
I confess that reading it I caused me to pick up my C3000 again from the shelf where it lied,
eager to put it to better use...

Good good work!

Tomaso

+Quote Post
Greg2
post Nov 16 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 792

QUOTE(sstrungis @ Nov 15 2005, 02:37 PM)
I am happy with your book.  However, it is next to impossible to read using Opera on my stock SL-5500.  Perhaps I am having swap issues?

It's a great read on my PowerBook!  A big help as I am speccing out the various C series models and working towards a purchase

I hope this is OK with Meanie?... I've converted his pdf to plucker format so us 5xxx owners can read it on our little screen Z's and think/dream about getting one for Christmas. smile.gif

It's not perfect, but it works on OZ with 'opie-reader' with the 5xxx models. So it should be ok using the new version of 'opie-reader' on a sharp rom. (you may have to adjust the settings for paragraphs?)

Thanks for the book Meanie.

Greg

Here it is:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  zbook3ks.pdb.zip ( 851K ) Number of downloads: 52

+Quote Post
GadgetGuy
post Nov 16 2005, 07:47 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,977

QUOTE(kurochka @ Nov 15 2005, 01:41 PM)
  So using smaller margins could be helpful when I print your next update.

I find the margins perfect. I print one page per sheet, and have room to put paper clips on the left side: so I get a book-like document, I can easily flip through.

Smaller margins would make this impossible, as the clips would potentially cover some of the text...

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Nov 16 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #23

Since I am using a freebie pdf converter, it doesn't let me control the margin size so if the size is right for you, then lucky you smile.gif but if its too small/too big, then its simply bad luck sad.gif sorry, I am unable to control the margin size. I am not using openoffice to do the conversion since it does some funny things to the formatting when importing html files.

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Nov 18 2005, 11:50 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 2,882

I've been referring to this guide from time to time. It really makes life (with zaurus) much much easier. The PDF version looks great both on my ibook and my C1000. And it's no longer necessary to wait for the whole web page to load up just to check out a few lines of handy tips. Great job, Meanie! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Dec 3 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #25

Just to let everyone know that I updated my site and zbook again.

+Quote Post
Omicron
post Dec 11 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE(Meanie @ Oct 4 2005, 08:32 AM)
Any comments on the zbook3k pdf file I generate for my website?

The direct link to the file is http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/book/zbook3k.pdf

AWESOME RESOURCE !!!!!

+Quote Post
freebird
post Dec 12 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 5,242

QUOTE(Meanie @ Dec 4 2005, 07:46 AM)

Meanie
Can you add a last updated information on the top of your site

As now it becames big, we can not check all each time to knew if there is new update or not
Thanks smile.gif
Freebird

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Dec 12 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 208

Funny, I was thinking about same thing. However, I thought it would be great it you could have a revision or changelog that lists what sections or items got updated, etc.

Then I'd know what if any sections to look at or reprint if I want.

Thanks again Meanie for this great resource.

Mark

QUOTE(freebird @ Dec 12 2005, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE(Meanie @ Dec 4 2005, 07:46 AM)

Meanie
Can you add a last updated information on the top of your site

As now it becames big, we can not check all each time to knew if there is new update or not
Thanks smile.gif
Freebird

+Quote Post
laur
post Dec 12 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 8,679

QUOTE(Meanie @ Oct 4 2005, 06:32 AM)
Any comments on the zbook3k pdf file I generate for my website?

I read you document over the weekend and was impressed and a bit overwhelmed at all that is there.

Will everything that you have in the pdf apply to a C1000? - As per your post to my other message, I am considering installing the Cacko 'rom' and your document would be a great guide to help me get started since you have listed quite a bit of software that works with it, that I think I will want too.

L.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Dec 19 2005, 03:18 AM
Post #30

If you need to check wether zbook has been updated, you can always check out the timestamp of when it was last uploaded. Use this url: http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/book/

As for changelog, it is a good idea, but too much work for me and I am very busy lately. I just finished a crazy 80 hour work week and also had to fly back and fro between three different cities. It's just too much for me to keep up with...

Anyway, as for the C1000, it is very similar to the C3000 and C3100, more similar to the C3100. The difference between the C3100 and C1000 is that there is an internal harddisk so there is more space available to the C3100 but otherwise, everything is the same, same software, same kernel version and drivers, etc... so really, the only technical difference is that there is no /hdd3

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:29 PM