Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> De-asserting Dtr
ProfessorOhki
post Dec 5 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,818

I'm trying to get my Zaurus SL6000 to be able to communicate in a very basic way with a micro controller I have (with a ZThinCable). I'd like to move up to writing my own apps that can use it later... but thats a different story.

So, anyways, the microcontroler is set to put out a continious stream of 123123123123123. This shows up fine in serial-monitors for windows. The problem I've run into: I can figure out how to de-assert DTR in linux. DTR resets the microcontroler, so having DTR asserted hangs it in a loop. I know I have the right port however. I made it so a light on the microcontroller is on when running, and off while being reset. The moment I
CODE
cat /dev/ttyS0
the light turns off and the console just hangs there. No input because the device is constantly resetting. However, if I open a second terminal and
CODE
killall cat
the light comes back on. I've done some googling, and most sites say that I need to set
CODE
stty -dtrxoff
but, the stty on my Z doesnt recognize that as a valid argument. Help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
guylhem
post Dec 9 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,365

I'd suggest looking at the kernel serial_pxa200 driver and cutting it directly there. It can also work as a module.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 01:09 AM