OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should We Have More Feeds?, like oz and for different models?
offroadgeek
post Apr 26 2005, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

greg2 made a suggestion in this thread about possibly creating an OZ feed. I would be happy to create an OZ feed on the ZUG site (such as http://www.zaurususergroup.org/ozfeed or something like that), but before I do, I want to make sure this is something that the OZ maintainers want this.

This also makes me think of having different feeds for the different models of zaurus. For example, when the 3000 came out, a couple people created threads to list each of the packages that work correctly on that model. Maybe we can take those lists and create a 3000 feed?

I don't necessarily think we need a seperate feed for each model, as I'm sure some consolidation could happen.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on this?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greg2
post Apr 26 2005, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 792

QUOTE(offroadgeek @ Apr 26 2005, 10:31 AM)
greg2 made a suggestion in this thread about possibly creating an OZ feed.  I would be happy to create an OZ feed on the ZUG site (such as http://www.zaurususergroup.org/ozfeed or something like that), but before I do, I want to make sure this is something that the OZ maintainers want this.

Just to clarify this a bit... I'm referring to 'homemade/converted sharp ipks' that install and work properly with the new sharp-compat libs. These ipks would 'not' be in the 'official' OZ feeds. I believe the main ones would be opera and jeode, so I think it would be a very small feed.

Greg

+Quote Post
waalkman
post May 4 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Greg2 @ Apr 26 2005, 06:58 AM)
Just to clarify this a bit... I'm referring to 'homemade/converted sharp ipks' that install and work properly with the new sharp-compat libs. These ipks would 'not' be in the 'official' OZ feeds. I believe the main ones would be opera and jeode, so I think it would be a very small feed.

Greg

I like the idea, sometimes it's tough to find working apps for a particular ROM.

+Quote Post
ev1l
post May 8 2005, 06:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,774

I think a "package update" feed would be actually useful. I'm looking at it from the KDEPIM/PI user point-of-view since that's what I'm involved with, but it seems handy for any app that's updated semi-regularly.
Lists of compatible software are something that's best handled by a repository, not a feed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 12:31 PM