OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted: Z C3x00 Accessories (pentopia 3-in-1 ...), WTB: Socket Bluetooth, GPS, Pilot Pentopia ...
espi
post Jun 16 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,423

Hey everyone,
I am pleased to say my 3100 is shaping up nicely with PDAXii on it.
As a new user just getting started with Zaurus this year, I see some are selling their units (actually that's how I just bought one happy.gif ) and I would love to get a shot at some nice accessories.

I swear it seemed I could get the Pilot Pentopia 3-in-1 Extensible Stylus at a few places online just a month or so ago, but now I can't find them anywhere! I may be mistaken, though. If anyone can help find this or any other upgrade stylus (non-sharp) I appreciate it.

I contacted that eBay UK seller who had several Socket Bluetooth Adapters recently and he has no more available. Any help on this would also be great.

I also just moved to DC and am in the market for a pocketable GPS device. It would be great if I could just use my Z for that too. Any GPS leads?

Other than that, I would love to see other cool accessories!

Ciao- Es
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Jun 16 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,575

On the GPS front, I have a Holux GR-213 receiver ("Super mini size!"). It works out-of-the-box (almost) with Angstrom and Debian (just modprobe some module or other, and you're set). I got it at Amazon, but they don't have it anymore.

Any GPS with a SirfStar III chipset should work pretty painlessly, IIRC. See this thread:

http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...hl=gps&st=0

HTH

+Quote Post
espi
post Jun 23 2008, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,423

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jun 17 2008, 12:14 AM) *
On the GPS front, I have a Holux GR-213 receiver ("Super mini size!"). It works out-of-the-box (almost) with Angstrom and Debian (just modprobe some module or other, and you're set). I got it at Amazon, but they don't have it anymore.

Any GPS with a SirfStar III chipset should work pretty painlessly, IIRC. See this thread:

http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...hl=gps&st=0

HTH

Looks good, I'll be getting one this month. You're the champ, thanks for your responses, always appreciated, Capn!

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Jun 23 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,575

No problem. I just remembered that the module was pl2303, FWIW. It autoloads in Debian, though.

+Quote Post
zogs
post Jun 23 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,953

I sell a pretec compactGPS CF look on ebay item number: 140243674681
work very fine with all roms and all OS.

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Jun 23 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,794

I just ordered (and received) a Globalsat BC-337 from Amazon which works nicely with Cacko. (Although you have to set qpegps up a little differently in Cacko. See this thread: http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=177454 .) It is SirfStar III and will replace my Globalsat BC-307, which is SirfStar II. It is also a little smaller than the BC-307.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 02:58 AM