Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multikey In Oz, opie only?
Meanie
post Nov 9 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,686

I did some more digging on the multikey feature that appear to be available since there are some definitions for it in the kernel keymap file.

So far, from what I can tell is that OPIE seems to support it since there are some extra keymaps for multikey in OPIE and also a readme file for it, whereas I couldn't find any further info for it in GPE, so I take it that GPE does not support multikey? Am I correct or did I miss something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koen
post Nov 10 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 10 2006, 12:37 AM)
whereas I couldn't find any further info for it in GPE, so I take it that GPE does not support multikey? Am I correct or did I miss something?

GPE support anything linux/X windows supports, so you should be able to xmodmap it.

+Quote Post
Armagon
post Nov 18 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,348

I just stumbled over an explanation to Keylaunch on the openzaurus wiki. That might do what you want, Meanie.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Nov 19 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Armagon @ Nov 19 2006, 02:55 AM)
I just stumbled over an explanation to Keylaunch on the openzaurus wiki.  That might do what you want, Meanie.

nope, keylaunch funtionality exists in most window managers already. it can be viewed as awm independant keyboard mapping tool which is similar to the keyhelper tool (the menu shortcut and applauncher part) in sharp rom but nothing like multikey.
multikey is for generating extended characters in languages that have more keys than the limited 26 alphabetic characters in english.

+Quote Post
Armagon
post Nov 20 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,348

QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 19 2006, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE(Armagon @ Nov 19 2006, 02:55 AM)
I just stumbled over an explanation to Keylaunch on the openzaurus wiki.  That might do what you want, Meanie.

nope, keylaunch funtionality exists in most window managers already. it can be viewed as awm independant keyboard mapping tool which is similar to the keyhelper tool (the menu shortcut and applauncher part) in sharp rom but nothing like multikey.
multikey is for generating extended characters in languages that have more keys than the limited 26 alphabetic characters in english.

Hmm... Does multikey act like the "Input Methods" functionality available in gnome (gtk?) apps? And if so, is it possible to use the different input methods in GPE? [I believe I saw the menu in a GPE app, but it didn't have anything beyond the default input method available. I wonder if they are in the feeds.]

Armagon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 12:27 AM