Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hiding The Taskbar & Menubar
jgrauman
post Feb 20 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,631

Here are a couple of quick questions. Is is possible to hide the taskbar (at the bottom of the screen), or make it so it hides itself when the cursor isn't over it. Also, is it possible to not have the menubar (I think that's what it is called) on an application. I'm thinking of the area on the top of an application used to move it, minimize, close, and maximize the application.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chero
post Feb 21 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,962

QUOTE(jgrauman @ Feb 20 2006, 08:23 PM)
Here are a couple of quick questions. Is is possible to hide the taskbar (at the bottom of the screen), or make it so it hides itself when the cursor isn't over it. Also, is it possible to not have the menubar (I think that's what it is called) on an application. I'm thinking of the area on the top of an application used to move it, minimize, close, and maximize the application.

Thanks.

I don't know about matchbox (openbox), but xfce has all the needed options. In my case "alt-f" toggles fullscreen (no titles, borders, panels).

Chero.

+Quote Post
merli
post Feb 21 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,008

QUOTE(Chero @ Feb 21 2006, 10:19 AM)

Thanks.

I don't know about matchbox (openbox), but xfce has all the needed options. In my case "alt-f" toggles fullscreen (no titles, borders, panels).

Chero.

I tried XFCE I have 1 question. Is it possible xfce to rect to switch screen to potrait mode and back?

+Quote Post
jerrybme
post Feb 22 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 401

QUOTE(merli @ Feb 21 2006, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE(Chero @ Feb 21 2006, 10:19 AM)

Thanks.

Chero.

I tried XFCE I have 1 question. Is it possible xfce to rect to switch screen to potrait mode and back?

Yes, look this thread: http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14031
key mapping is very easy via the window manager settings
Also Searching these forums can save you lots of time wink.gif

+Quote Post
Seb
post Feb 24 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,095

QUOTE(jgrauman @ Feb 20 2006, 09:23 PM)

Thanks.

i'd just change screens, you've got four of them, use ctrl-alt-arrow left/right, the task bar is only on #1

to use the screen space occupied by the "menu-bar" press alt while moving the whole window with your pen around the screen, move it up, so that the "menu-bar" is just outside the visible screen

at least that's what i do wink.gif

seb

+Quote Post
anunakin
post Feb 24 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,358

QUOTE(Seb @ Feb 24 2006, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE(jgrauman @ Feb 20 2006, 09:23 PM)

Thanks.

i'd just change screens, you've got four of them, use ctrl-alt-arrow left/right, the task bar is only on #1

to use the screen space occupied by the "menu-bar" press alt while moving the whole window with your pen around the screen, move it up, so that the "menu-bar" is just outside the visible screen

at least that's what i do wink.gif

seb

Nice! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 08:00 PM