Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hentges Rom For Spitz, T2-RC1
CoreDump
post Jun 22 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,094

Hey all,
some people have been asking for "Hentges" style Spitz images. Since Spitz is mostly identical to Akita I thought I'd give it a try.

http://hentges.net/tmp/do_not_use/spitz/

I can't really test this image and the kernel since I do not have access to a Spitz. Please test and let me know how it works out.

I don't know what the default partitioning for the HDD on Spitz is but I suggest a rootfs partition of at least 150Mb.

Currently there are problems with building jffs2 and ext2 images, the machine is pretty much hard-wired to tar.gz tarballs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hus
post Jun 22 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,193

I’m wondering if its possible to try it on SL-C3200 following this howto http://wiki.openzaurus.org/Spitz/Install

what do u think CoreDump?

+Quote Post
CoreDump
post Jun 22 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(hus @ Jun 23 2006, 06:47 AM)
I’m wondering if its possible to try it on SL-C3200 following this howto http://wiki.openzaurus.org/Spitz/Install

what do u think CoreDump?

Yes, default installation procedures apply.

+Quote Post
hus
post Jun 23 2006, 12:35 AM
Post #4

i just flash it on SL-C3200 using GPE, works smoothly no single error on dmesg, wireless works, suspend works, simple path edit to include /sbin/ smile.gif

This is my last station for sure! i wont flash less than this quality on my zurii, thanks for the great job you do

now will test other featers smile.gif

+Quote Post
zedkatuf2
post Jun 23 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,578

QUOTE(hus @ Jun 23 2006, 09:35 AM)
i just flash it on SL-C3200 using GPE, works smoothly no single error on dmesg, wireless works, suspend works, simple path edit to include /sbin/ smile.gif

This is my last station for sure! i wont flash less than this quality on my zurii, thanks for the great job you do

EXCELLENT NEWS smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
zedkatuf2
post Jun 23 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(CoreDump @ Jun 23 2006, 04:43 AM)
Currently there are problems with building jffs2 and ext2 images, the machine is pretty much hard-wired to tar.gz tarballs.

Hi CoreDump - so I just need to rename:

http://hentges.net/tmp/do_not_use/spitz/ta...z.rootfs.tar.gz

to:

hdimage1.tgz

& follow the rest of the instructions at:

http://wiki.openzaurus.org/Spitz/Install#H...on_the_SL-C3000.

?

Cheers,

zedkatuf

(still awaiting my 3200 sad.gif )

+Quote Post
hus
post Jun 23 2006, 03:36 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(zedkatuf2 @ Jun 23 2006, 09:23 PM)
EXCELLENT NEWS smile.gif

well, it's great news,
but some minor issues related to packages, the Abiword crashes when start it, the PDF viewer takes forever to start (i just reset to get rid of it) the rest packages so far works (tested few of them).

when it gets idle (blank screen) wont start again i noticed this on login screen i left it for minutes when it gets idle it turns the screen and never get it back, tried many things and buttons i hear the sound (means everythings fine except the screen)

hope that's will be fix in final release, need more testing from other guys may clearfy this.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jun 23 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(hus @ Jun 23 2006, 09:36 PM)
EXCELLENT NEWS smile.gif

well, it's great news,
but some minor issues related to packages, the Abiword crashes when start it, the PDF viewer takes forever to start (i just reset to get rid of it) the rest packages so far works (tested few of them).

when it gets idle (blank screen) wont start again i noticed this on login screen i left it for minutes when it gets idle it turns the screen and never get it back, tried many things and buttons i hear the sound (means everythings fine except the screen)

hope that's will be fix in final release, need more testing from other guys may clearfy this.

did you tap on your screen when it is blank to get it back or you just tried hitting keys on the keyboard?

+Quote Post
humit
post Jun 23 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,774

Hey people,

I've installed this rom to my spitz.

Installation went pretty good, it even reset the device after installation and reboot automagicly. Ilove that cool OpenZaurus logo in altboot menu smile.gif
bootsplash is very nice too... (will need to search for the format and location of that file for a custom startup smile.gif
During the very first startup of opie, before the calibration screen i got a screen with no decorations, asking about inserted sd card. Since the window is bigger than the screen i couldn't see any OK/Cancel buttons, tried some key combinations and finally closed the dialog and calibration screen appeared.
Opie run smoothly, on/off button works like a charm.
I want to make an 'ipkg update', so tried to configure network over usb. However, neighter my desktop linux detected zaurus nor the usbd0/usb0/eth0 interfaces come up.
Just tried a couple of ifconfig / modprobe to test the interfaces but didn't examine it further. Since I was waiting for a chance to test my ney usb host cable and powered usb hub, i connected the a4 Tech KL-5UP keyboard and AK-5 easy-go mouse over usb hub. Keyboard is detected and works well with zaurus keyboard. According to the dmesg output, usb mouse is recognized too, but i guess there is need to install some other software to use mouse with opie.

It really looks good, and runs pretty stable.
Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
hus
post Jun 23 2006, 04:21 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 23 2006, 09:42 PM)
did you tap on your screen when it is blank to get it back or you just tried hitting keys on the keyboard?

i taped everywhere on screen, btw it happend once, sorry not to test it again to confirm this problem, now working on cacko+OpenBSD to get the wireless work which i don't think my card supported :/

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Jun 23 2006, 05:04 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,385

QUOTE(hus @ Jun 23 2006, 09:35 AM)

What is the benefit of flashing this Hentges ROM, instead of the regular OZ?

Is it that just some more packages are installed? Or what is the diff?

+Quote Post
zedkatuf2
post Jun 23 2006, 05:57 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 23 2006, 02:04 PM)
What is the benefit of flashing this Hentges ROM, instead of the regular OZ?

Is it that just some more packages are installed? Or what is the diff?

Yes - more apps installed, so saves time + maybe other stuff smile.gif

+Quote Post
CoreDump
post Jun 23 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(humit @ Jun 23 2006, 02:01 PM)
Hey people,

I've installed this rom to my spitz.

Installation went pretty good, it even reset the device after installation and reboot automagicly. Ilove that cool OpenZaurus logo in altboot menu smile.gif
bootsplash is very nice too... (will need to search for the format and location of that file for a custom startup smile.gif

The logo is compiled into the kernel. And yeah it looks very nice smile.gif

During the very first startup of opie, before the calibration screen i got a screen with no decorations, asking about inserted sd card. Since the window is bigger than the screen i couldn't see any OK/Cancel buttons, tried some key combinations and finally closed the dialog and calibration screen appeared.

I sure wish this bug would be fixed eventually. Annoying as hell mad.gif

Opie run smoothly, on/off button works like a charm.
I want to make an 'ipkg update', so tried to configure network over usb. However, neighter my desktop linux detected zaurus nor the usbd0/usb0/eth0 interfaces come up.
Just tried a couple of ifconfig / modprobe to test the interfaces but didn't examine it further.

I tested USB networking on Akita, works fine.

Since I was waiting for a chance to test my ney usb host cable and powered usb hub, i connected the a4 Tech KL-5UP keyboard and AK-5 easy-go mouse over usb hub. Keyboard is detected and works well  with zaurus keyboard. According to the dmesg output, usb mouse is recognized too, but i guess there is need to install some other software to use mouse with opie.

The mouse works after restarting X11 in a GPE image, no clue how to enable it in Opie.

It really looks good, and runs pretty stable.
Thanks smile.gif

Glad you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
CoreDump
post Jun 23 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(hus @ Jun 23 2006, 10:35 AM)

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
CoreDump
post Jun 23 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(hus @ Jun 23 2006, 01:36 PM)
EXCELLENT NEWS smile.gif

well, it's great news,

Please configure a different GPE theme and try Abiword again. There is a known crash-bug with a certain GPE theme.

That is a known problem in 3.5.4.1 sad.gif
Usually one can revive the screen with Fn+4 (Brightness +)

Thanks for your feedback smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 03:01 PM