Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie Question About Deleting Folders, deleting a new folder
gatewood
post Jul 9 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,512

I have searched, but found no answers to this. I created a new folder in the File Manager (accidentally; meant to go up a level and hit new folder instead) and can't figure out how to delete it. It's in Applications, and shows up in the tree. The delete is greyed out, and I'm such a newbie that I have no clue how to get rid of the thing. I tried resetting and that didn't do it, either. I can't see the insides of this on my PC like I can on a pocket PC, unless I'm missing something. Can anybody have pity on a newbie and help me get rid of that offending folder? I've tried renaming it, too, but the darned thing won't let me select anything or get rid of it.
Thanks in advance,
Gatewood
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jul 9 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

If you feel comfortable going into the terminal, just do the following:

CODE
cd [to desired directory]
rm -rf [directory name]

just be careful with rm -rf as you don't get a confirmation and once it's deleted, it's gone.

+Quote Post
gatewood
post Jul 9 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #3

OK, I'm editing this post. I got it done; just don't ask me how. Maybe when I know what I'm doing, I'll be able to tell somebody else, but really, I was just bumping around in the dark and something worked. Thanks for your help. I'll be quiet now until I know what the heck is going on. wink.gif

Gatewood

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Jul 9 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,633

You didn't mention what Z you are using or where the folder is located. If you are using a clamshell Z, then it does have the ability to act as a card reader so anything created on a SD or CF would be viewable from a PC. BTW try using tree explorer. It works very close to windows explorer.

QUOTE(gatewood @ Jul 9 2005, 04:09 PM)
I can't see the insides of this on my PC like I can on a pocket PC, unless I'm missing something.

+Quote Post
gatewood
post Jul 10 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Jul 9 2005, 11:22 PM)
You didn't mention what Z you are using or where the folder is located.  If you are using a clamshell Z, then it does have the ability to act as a card reader so anything created on a SD or CF would be viewable from a PC.  BTW try using tree explorer.  It works very close to windows explorer.

I'm using the SL-6000. That's why I posted in this area. I found that I had been dumb enough not to check Administrator Privileges, and that's why all the stuff was greyed out. I thought I was savvy; but I'm not at all. Terrible newbie. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 08:18 AM