OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Educational Titles - Looking For Input, What kids titles would you like?
vanstrien
post Sep 28 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 374

I'm looking for any suggestions on some simple kids titles that I should either port or write. I've not done anything too graphically intensive.

I've got a one year old son who plays with my SL-5500, while I use my 860c. Here's what I'm thinking of so far:
- A basic interface that would be full screen and would allow the volume to be changed with keys. The cancel key would not close the menu app (he likes to push that key most, it seems) but there would be some way to close it.
- A very basic image matching game similar to some of what is in gcompris. He could push the screen with his finger.
- A simple paint program that would rotate through colors constantly. Again finger driven.
- Some kind of graphical program which just made pretty pictures and responded to his finger commands in some way. Maybe even display pictures of animals and say their names.

Thoughts before I get started?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Sep 28 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

tuxpaint is great for kids and i think there is a port for the zaurus. I cannot remember because it has been so long. awsome on a pc. very very good.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Sep 28 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 28 2006, 09:41 AM)
tuxpaint is great for kids and i think there is a port for the zaurus.  I cannot remember because it has been so long.  awsome on a pc.  very very good.

I just happened to be looking at the tuxpaint site & downloaded it and it's dependency.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/d...zaurus/?lang=en

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 01:29 AM