OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serious Travel Kit For Zaurii, cheap too :-)
Curious Aardvark
post Jun 5 2005, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,345

www.addonsworld.com
I've just bought the mini travel kit for zaurus (not sure about c1000/3000) but all the rest no problem.

£19 including p&p (approx $32). I get mains usb port (plug into socket anywhere in the world and get a powered usb port) car charger (powered usb port from from cigarette lighter) and a z-specific retractable cable that acts as data and charger from usb port (hence the relevancy of the powered usb port devices).
Has the added benefit of also charging/powering my obscure taiwanese mp3 player (20gb ipod ripoff for under £120 - gogopod) and any other usb charged device you might own smile.gif

addonsworld have large section on ebay - but better selection from their website. Also - and this is a huge plus for me - they use Worldpay as well as paypal. So no stupid paypal account required :-)

I'll add to this post when goods arrive - I'm off to canada in 3 days, if it arrives for then I'll be a happy bunny if not - then they lied on their website :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ninjafoo
post Jun 5 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,065

QUOTE(Curious Aardvark @ Jun 5 2005, 07:09 PM)
not sure about c1000/3000

They don't appear to have anything C1000/3000 specific :/

+Quote Post
Curious Aardvark
post Jun 7 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #3

Well that's me impressed. I ordered sunday, they sent me email to say it was posted monday and my postie just delivered it tuesday morning :-)

The charge/data cable is currently plugged into my laptop charging 860 :-) It will extend to five different lengths, approx 10inches to about 3 1/2 foot, has really good solid connection to zaurus - much better than the sharp data cable that came with z. Long enough to use z in bed on my wireless network, small enough when reeled to take anywhere :-)
I'll probably get another mini cable when I get back to keep permanently in my car/toolkit with the car charger.

The usb travel plug has got it's own little bag which will take the car charger and cable as well with no problem. (plugs in travel charger, z charge light comes on :-)

So I'm a happy Aardvark who doesn't have to lug a laptop round with him now :-).
On the balance of this single order, I have to say I'm seriously impressed with addonsworld.com and would recommend this kit to anyone with z 5000 - 860. I'm sure if enough of you emailed them they'd produce a mini cable for the newer models - assuming there is a difference in the data connection - I don't know ?-)
I'll let you know how well it all worked when I get back from canada.
BTW - I didn't get the kit with the battery extender pack, cos I bought one of those last time I went to canada with my 5500 :-)

See you in a couple of weeks :-)

+Quote Post
Curious Aardvark
post Jun 22 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #4

Back from canada - one point: don't anybody never ever eat a tim hortons banana creme donut !
So apart from the week long dose of food poisoning, had great time. The usb mains charger works brilliantly - seems to charge up faster than either usb from a computer or the mains charger. As weather was ridiculously hot I did a lot of reading sitting under fans - all on my z of course.

So there you go, the travel kit = excellent value for money, reliable and does the job really well. Buy one :-)

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Jun 22 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,633

The canadian in me says hmmmm....tim horton's!!!! Sorry off topic

+Quote Post
tux
post Jul 28 2005, 02:48 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 346

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Curious Aardvark @ Jun 5 2005, 06:09 PM)
www.addonsworld.com
I've just bought the mini travel kit for zaurus (not sure about c1000/3000) but all the rest no problem.

£19 including p&p (approx $32). I get mains usb port (plug into socket anywhere in the world and get a powered usb port) car charger (powered usb port from from cigarette lighter) and a z-specific retractable cable that acts as data and charger from usb port (hence the relevancy of the powered usb port devices).
Has the added benefit of also charging/powering my obscure taiwanese mp3 player (20gb ipod ripoff for under £120 - gogopod) and any other usb charged device you might own smile.gif

addonsworld have large section on ebay - but better selection from their website. Also - and this is a huge plus for me - they use Worldpay as well as paypal. So no stupid paypal account required :-)

I'll add to this post when goods arrive - I'm off to canada in 3 days, if it arrives for then I'll be a happy bunny if not - then they lied on their website :-)

Just to say I ordered the 'plus' kit, which includes the battery extender, and that, as Curious Aardvark says later on, I received my order within two days (admittedly I'm in the UK where this company lives..)

I'm thoroughly pleased with the kit!

www.addonsworld.co.uk seems to be the current link

Cheers cool.gif

+Quote Post
landloper
post Jul 30 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,564

Wow, this kit looks great for this gramhunting backpackhiker. Thanks for the tip. Two questions:
1. Will anyone be so nice to find out the weight of this plus kit ?
2. Can I also use the battery extender as a charger for the AA-batteries ?

Thanks, Rick

+Quote Post
tux
post Jul 31 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 346

biggrin.gif
QUOTE(landloper @ Jul 31 2005, 12:08 AM)
Wow, this kit looks great for this gramhunting backpackhiker. Thanks for the tip. Two questions:
1. Will anyone be so nice to find out the weight of this plus kit ?
2. Can I also use the battery extender as a charger for the AA-batteries ?

Thanks, Rick

Hi Landloper, the weight of the kit, without batteries, is 220 gm. The extender is not also a charger I'm sorry to say.

cheers

cool.gif

+Quote Post
landloper
post Aug 1 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,564

hé tux,

thanks for informing me.

I did send addonsworld a message in which I asked if they expect this travel kit to become available for the 1000/3000/3100 also. As soon as I have an answer I will post it here.

Rick

+Quote Post
Sy Ali
post Sep 8 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 10,168

Sharp Zaurus 5500 5600 6000 C760 C860 - Mini Travel Kit

Sharp Zaurus 5500 5600 6000 C760 C860 - Mini Travel Kit Plus

It's too bad they don't have anything for the C1000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2014 - 08:54 PM