Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opera7.55 For Oz/opie 3.5.4-rc
Greg2
post Jul 14 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 792

QUOTE(walts @ Jul 13 2006, 05:02 PM)
Where? I have the opie feed as http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/mirror/www.op...4.5.1/feed/opie (if I typed that correctly) and there is nothing "sharp-compat" there. The others are installed.

This is why:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19827

This is also why you have that error in your last post.

You may still find what you need in the 3.5.3 feeds?

Greg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LukeLuke
post Jul 14 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 7,943

ok! you must do this:

4) Go to the Settings tab, click on Libraries, List, Applications, Opera Browser and click okay.

+Quote Post
walts
post Jul 14 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,933

QUOTE(LukeLuke @ Jul 14 2006, 02:30 PM)
ok! you must do this:

4) Go to the Settings tab, click on Libraries, List, Applications, Opera Browser and click okay.

Do you mean the "Settings" tab on the desktop? There is no "Libraries" icon there. I don't mind doing something from the command line, if you would give me the command.

Walt

+Quote Post
McChubby
post Jul 14 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 10,010

QUOTE(walts @ Jul 14 2006, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE(LukeLuke @ Jul 14 2006, 02:30 PM)
ok! you must do this:

Do you mean the "Settings" tab on the desktop? There is no "Libraries" icon there. I don't mind doing something from the command line, if you would give me the command.

Walt

To get the "Libraries" Tool under the "Settings" tab, you need to install the sharp-compat-libs IPK (or use Hentges as it is installed by default). However as previously stated, this does not guarantee your particular application will work. I like some of the EON games, however only a few of them "work", so good luck. As far as I remember the sharp-compat-libs IPK has been removed from 3.5.4.1, so you'll have to use from a previous version feed (I think 3.5.3 has it).

+Quote Post
walts
post Jul 14 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 2,933

Thanks!

OK, we're making progress. I got the sharp-compat library from the 3.5.3 feed (after reading Hrw's caveat; I can always re-flash the rom) and then started getting the message about standard_mouse.ini.

I downloaded the file attached a few posts back in this thread, and put it in /opt/QtPalmtop/bin/opera/ini where the voice and keyboard ini files are found. Now, when I start Opera from the command line, the GUI displays briefly followed by

opera: Could not find "ini/standard_mouse.ini"
opera: Could not find "ini/standard_mouse.ini"
opera: libvxm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
Segmentation fault

I verified that the standard_mouse.ini file is there, and is protected the same as the other 2 files. It looks reasonable except that it is commented for version 7.0. Anyway, the issue seems to be that Opera is not seeing it. I don't know what to do about th libvxm.so thing.

Thanks for your patience and help!

Walt

+Quote Post
arminphys
post Oct 2 2006, 04:37 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 5,074

[quote=LukeLuke,Jul 4 2006, 07:34 AM]

2 - Edit file opera.ini and verify this string:

command control and content navigation by voice enabled=0
[Disk Cache]
; Small: Size=2000, Medium: Size=3000, Large: Size=4000
Size=16000

In which section does this string go?

I tried several setctions, but had no success. My opera.ini was from the desktop version
8.54, as the one I found in .opera on my zaurus after installation was nearly empty.

Could you pleas post a working config?

Thank you

Armin

+Quote Post
7_feet_up
post Oct 12 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 6,917

I couldn't get opera to work in openzaurus 3.5.4.2-rc2. In previous versions I could, with minor and major hassles. Because opie's konqueror-embedded is about three years old and cannot be made to work with wifi hotspots like those in the Netherlands. Thus, I gave up on opera and built the development version of konqueror-embedded. Get the ipk here.

+Quote Post
Hrw
post Oct 12 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,413

Users and unmaintained applications post is worth reading.

+Quote Post
moi
post Oct 12 2006, 07:13 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 10,061

QUOTE(Hrw @ Oct 12 2006, 04:35 PM)

the link/site doesn't work... sad.gif

+Quote Post
koen
post Oct 12 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 6,107

It works over here:

Users and unmaintained applications

As most of you know I maintain OpenZaurus distribution. We provide few graphical enviroments - OPIE is most popular one. And here comes a problem…

Years ago OPIE forked from Qtopia but it’s still compatible - mostly on source level (any Qtopia application/library can be built for OPIE). Years ago OpenZaurus moved from gcc 2.95.x to more modern compilers - 3.3.x was choosen. This broke binary compatibility and ‘oz-compat’ aka ’sharp-compat-libs’ package was born - it contain libqte2 and libqpe1 from SharpROM to get possibility to run old binaries under new edition of OZ.

But with OpenZaurus 3.5.1 we started to use ’soft-float’ toolchain (ARM cpu lack FPU and use FPU emulation on kernel level - soft-float replace FPU instructions with extra code so emulator is not used). This change broke ’sharp-compat-libs’ - some apps was working, some not but even if something worked then not always correct (for example spreadsheets gave wrong results from calculations).

Newest version of OZ (3.5.4) does not provide ’sharp-compat-libs’ so users start to request old, dead upstream, not fetchable applications to be added into OpenZaurus. I tried to get one of them working - as usual code required some changes to get it build with gcc 3.4.4 but finally it built. But then new question came: How to manage such dead software… If any problem will arrive no one will fix it rather. So I asked other developers and final version is: no support for such crap at all.

I know that some users will complain more now but sorry - who will maintain such stuff

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 16 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #41

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

has anyone actually considered asking Opera to do an up-to-date port to OZ? I'm sure there'd be enough alpha and beta testers to support them? It can't be *too* difficult for them to create a development environment in order to build it.

Or maybe their qtopia port was, genuinely, a one-off. But even then, a recompile against OZ/Opie-latest would be useful?

+Quote Post
koen
post Oct 16 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 16 2006, 10:35 PM)
has anyone actually considered asking Opera to do an up-to-date port to  OZ? I'm sure there'd be enough alpha and beta testers to support them?  It can't be *too* difficult for them to create a development environment in order to build it.

I went trough the motions of all their support and contacts forms kindly asking for a new qt/e port and non maemo gtk2 port, outlining how OZ and angstrom users would like to have opera on their devices.

"thank you for your inquiry"

sigh.

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jan 15 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 500

I've got opera running on rc2. Used the instructions from earlier in this topic, then used the compat libs on opera's bin file. I didn't grab it from the list, I specified the file.

This seems to work much better for anything that requires the compat libs.

Koen, is the newer version of konq-embedded going to be in the feeds any time soon?

+Quote Post
ofels
post Jan 16 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(undrwater @ Jan 16 2007, 07:16 AM)
I've got opera running on rc2.  Used the instructions from earlier in this topic, then used the compat libs on opera's bin file.  I didn't grab it from the list, I specified the file.

This seems to work much better for anything that requires the compat libs.

Koen, is the newer version of konq-embedded going to be in the feeds any time soon?

Doubt it- newer versions of konq all rely on qte3 which is a no-go for embedded devices in general and Opie in special biggrin.gif

Oliver

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jan 16 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 500

Sounds like Opie's future is bleak then, unless another browser can be developed for it.

I feel you then...

sigh

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:35 PM