OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Build Cheap Replacement Batteries ?, Using batteries from Sony PSP....
maxg
post Oct 23 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,279

After some hardcore modding of my SL-C1000 (adding internal 512Mb flash + Wifi ...) I think I slightly fried my battery (yes, it made a nice frying noise and leaked some odd and probably toxical stuff ...) but anyway, a replacement costs at least $80 which is naturally a lot too much.
So I had the idea of building my own battery, got the idea because I use a PSP charger and it occured that PSP uses a 3.7V 1800mAh battery, ie exactly the same specs than the Zaurus'. I found a kinda no name one for 30€ and opened it. It's exactly the same size and it fits the zaurus battery slot well, exept for the very different plug the PSP battery has. I tested the battery pins and there is a ground, a charing + and a debit +, but not in the same order (ground is in the middle).

Does anyone here ever tried to build a battery this way ? Do you think it may work if I add connectors to the correct battery pins (I don't see why it wouldn't). Thanks for any advice !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sidmoraes
post Oct 23 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,691

How do you make these changes? did you have any pics?

+Quote Post
lardman
post Oct 24 2005, 02:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 464

I'd also be interested in the pics of internal wifi if you've got any lying around.

Does anyone here ever tried to build a battery this way ? Do you think it may work if I add connectors to the correct battery pins (I don't see why it wouldn't). Thanks for any advice !

Do a search for Nokia batteries on this forum (there's a link to some details of someone doing this), this sounds similar.

Si

+Quote Post
albertr
post Oct 24 2005, 03:58 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,195

Hmm, only 512MB flash and Wi-Fi? What happend with bluetooth? I believe you said before that you added it as well? wink.gif

That said, I would be interested to see the pics too.
-albertr

+Quote Post
Tom61
post Oct 24 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,002

Curious, did you add a USB hub for Wifi (or just sacrifice the external port) or tap the second USB port on the PXA270?

+Quote Post
pgas
post Oct 24 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,210

see also this thread:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13084

lauter builds and sells a custom 1800 battery for 35 euros (including shipping)

+Quote Post
bam
post Oct 24 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,306

512mb flash, hmmmm how, i could partition it and dual boot pdaxrom and cacko. smile.gif

+Quote Post
GadgetGuy
post Oct 25 2005, 05:06 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,977

QUOTE(pgas @ Oct 25 2005, 01:31 AM)
see also this thread:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13084

lauter builds and sells a custom 1800 battery for 35 euros (including shipping)

Yes. But it appears, that those batteries do not work on the Cxx00 series...

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Nov 1 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,740

QUOTE(maxg @ Oct 23 2005, 12:11 PM)
After some hardcore modding of my SL-C1000 (adding internal 512Mb flash + Wifi ...) I think I slightly fried my battery (yes, it made a nice frying noise and leaked some odd and probably toxical stuff ...) but anyway, a replacement costs at least $80 which is naturally a lot too much.
So I had the idea of building my own battery, got the idea because I use a PSP charger and it occured that PSP uses a 3.7V 1800mAh battery, ie exactly the same specs than the Zaurus'. I found a kinda no name one for 30€ and opened it. It's exactly the same size and it fits the zaurus battery slot well, exept for the very different plug the PSP battery has. I tested the battery pins and there is a ground, a charing + and a debit +, but not in the same order (ground is in the middle).

You make such huge claims and run away ph34r.gif We want to know the details! Please.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:19 PM