Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks Everyone Re Archos 700
juliascezer
post Dec 21 2005, 04:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,763

thanks everyone for help I received in early days. I`m sure there will be other problems in the future but I know were to come to .Best regds jc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
markpmc
post Dec 21 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,089

QUOTE(juliascezer @ Dec 21 2005, 04:36 AM)
Dear Forum, I have just purchased the Archos AV 700 mobile  DVR and find everything okay, until I transfer recorded programs from my Media Centre XP 2005 to the 700. The files transfer but Archos does not recognise the file types. I am a non-tech. person. is there anything I can do to convert the files or some software I can purchase ? Any replies please in straight forward speak. Any suggestions gratefully received. Merry Christmas all. Regds jc. UK Time 12 45 am.

First - I don't have Archos so I really don't know it's capabilities.

I do know that xp/media center records programs in a MS encoded format that limits playing to media player 10. There are 3rd party apps that can recode the programs (Nero recode and one from Sonic), but I have few details on them since I"ve given up on xp/media center and installed Suse/MythTV.

That said it may be possible to use windows media player to transfer and recode the video to the Archos (assuming the correct wmp plugin exist).

mark

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Dec 21 2005, 08:40 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

DRM crap? dont use microsoft........

use your pc and convert files to mp3 and load to archos.

+Quote Post
juliascezer
post Dec 21 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Cresho @ Dec 21 2005, 09:40 AM)
DRM crap?  dont use microsoft........

use your pc and convert files to mp3 and load to archos.

Thanks Cresho, I had been thinking along those lines , but I`m not very techy. Reds jc.

+Quote Post
juliascezer
post Dec 21 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(markpmc @ Dec 21 2005, 08:02 AM)
Dear Forum, I have just purchased the Archos AV 700 mobile  DVR and find everything okay, until I transfer recorded programs from my Media Centre XP 2005 to the 700. The files transfer but Archos does not recognise the file types. I am a non-tech. person. is there anything I can do to convert the files or some software I can purchase ? Any replies please in straight forward speak. Any suggestions gratefully received. Merry Christmas all. Regds jc. UK Time 12 45 am.

I do know that xp/media center records programs in a MS encoded format that limits playing to media player 10. There are 3rd party apps that can recode the programs (Nero recode and one from Sonic), but I have few details on them since I"ve given up on xp/media center and installed Suse/MythTV.

That said it may be possible to use windows media player to transfer and recode the video to the Archos (assuming the correct wmp plugin exist).

mark

Thanks Mark i will explore> i have to admit that i am getting slightly frustrated with the XP media centre and not being that bright in those areas got hooked on the marketing material and bought a PC with it installed. It is not until you get one that you realize that there are others that can be installed. Regds jc.

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Dec 21 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,794

If you are talking about video programs (encoding), there is a lot of info here:

http://www.videohelp.com/

Also there is a lot of video encoding info at:

http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Video

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Dec 21 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #7

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

you can also use my zaurus tutorial to create a video npeg 4 and play it in the archos.....yey movies!!!!!!

+Quote Post
juliascezer
post Dec 22 2005, 02:24 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Cresho @ Dec 21 2005, 11:10 PM)
you can also use my zaurus tutorial to create a video npeg 4 and play it in the archos.....yey movies!!!!!!

Thanks Cresho I had a quick look at the instructions on the video but it is far to technical for a simple country man like myself. best regds jc

+Quote Post
juliascezer
post Dec 22 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(the_oak @ Dec 21 2005, 09:21 PM)
If you are talking about video programs (encoding), there is a lot of info here:

http://www.videohelp.com/

Also there is a lot of video encoding info at:

http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Video
Thanks Oak will explore all possibilities but as i mentione to Crecho a lot of it is just to tech. for me, maybe in the New Year i will really get down to it. Best regds. jc

+Quote Post
juliascezer
post Dec 23 2005, 04:43 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(markpmc @ Dec 21 2005, 08:02 AM)

mark

Thanks mark I thought I had replied before sorry about delay in replying regds jc.

+Quote Post
Desgillespie
post Dec 29 2005, 03:49 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,807

Try downloading divX and passing the files through it to convert them - might work -won't hurt.

+Quote Post
juliascezer
post Jan 4 2006, 07:05 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Desgillespie @ Dec 29 2005, 04:49 AM)

Try downloading divX and passing the files through it to convert them - might work -won't hurt.

Thanks desgillespie, will try sorry I did not reply earlier but I am in Marbella and have been out of touch. Will try your suggestion Best Regds Happy New Year

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 05:43 AM