Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maximizing Battery Life
otprof
post Jun 9 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,004

Newbie alert! ph34r.gif

I noticed that as of now with the Linux 2.6 kernel, OZ is installed on the microdrive (as is pdaXrom and OpenBSD, if I am not mistaken). Cacko, however, is still installed in RAM, correct? Or, at least the basic core of it in Cacko lite, with additional packages elsewhere? Am I on the right track here?

My impression is that this would extend battery life because the Microdrive does not have to be working all of the time for basic OS operations. I have looked around for battery life comparisons with no success. Does anyone here have a sense of the relative battery life among the distros?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InSearchOf
post Jun 9 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE(otprof @ Jun 9 2006, 01:59 PM)
Newbie alert!  ph34r.gif

I noticed that as of now with the Linux 2.6 kernel, OZ is installed on the microdrive (as is pdaXrom and OpenBSD, if I am not mistaken).  Cacko, however, is still installed in RAM, correct?  Or, at least the basic core of it in Cacko lite, with additional packages elsewhere?  Am I on the right track here?

My impression is that this would extend battery life because the Microdrive does not have to be working all of the time for basic OS operations.  I have looked around for battery life comparisons with no success.  Does anyone here have a sense of the relative battery life among the distros?

pdaXrom is still installed to the NAND except SL-C3000...

OpenBSD to my knowledge is completely installed to MD...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 03:42 PM