Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gps Problems, Ambicom CF GPS Not Connecting
misterearl
post Sep 30 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,431

QUOTE(suid @ Sep 25 2005, 07:49 AM)
A kind qpeGPS user has created  http://gps.pazu.info - it'll create a map for you after giving it the required LAT/LON. Plus, it tells you what entry you need to make in the maps.txt file.

I think that qoeGPS only works with the PNG format, so be sure to save the map as a PNG file. Then just copy the saved map to your maps directory on your Z and add the entry to maps.txt.

Ian

That's a GREAT site - thanks. Easy to get the maps needed, but I can't figure out how to get the maps off the site. There is the storage option, but I can't find a download option anywhere... Help yet again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
suid
post Oct 1 2005, 04:50 AM
Post #47

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,379

but I can't find a download option anywhere

I guess it's just a case of saving the image from within your browser. With XP/Firefox, it's simply a case of right clicking on the map that's been generated, then using "Save Image As ..." and save as the filename that the website has generated for you.

It'll probably save as gif - in which case you need to convert the gif file to a png or jpg file somehow. There should be a program called gif2png on your Z - it comes with qpeGPS, so you could copy the gif(s) to your Z and convert them to png there.

Then don't forget to add an entry in maps.txt - the website is very helpful with advice on that. Check out the online manual.

Ian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 09:03 PM