Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem With .desktop Files
rolf
post Jan 8 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,884

Anybody ever had issues with installing opie apps and that broke opie itself? It seems I have hit a strange bug where any new .desktop file in /opt/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications/ breaks my opie. http://bugs.openembedded.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1757
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ofels
post Jan 8 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(rolf @ Jan 8 2007, 07:05 PM)
Anybody ever had issues with installing opie apps and that broke opie itself?  It seems I have hit a strange bug where any new .desktop file in /opt/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications/ breaks my opie.  http://bugs.openembedded.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1757

This did not occur to me. In fact I have installed xmms-embedded and zbedic to a fresh Hentges image from the same feed myself a few weeks ago without problems.

I suspect something went extremely wrong with your installation and though I hate this advice because it reminds me of Windows try reinstalling with a fresh image.
That might help.

BTW, this is propably not an OE bug but judging the state of the Opie bug database it is best suited for OE unsure.gif

Oliver

+Quote Post
rolf
post Feb 14 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,884

QUOTE(ofels @ Jan 8 2007, 09:25 PM)
I suspect something went extremely wrong with your installation and though I hate this advice because it reminds me of Windows try reinstalling with a fresh image.

I guess that is what I will have to do eventually. I'd just hate to have it happen again. And it nearly did!

This is right after installation of a completely fresh copy (altboot loop image) and rebooting once. Whether or not the Calendar and Today icons show up after reboot seems to be completely erratic and only dependant on the phase of the moon or the direction of the wind unsure.gif Pressing "Reload Icons" in the Settings tab does not change this. I am afraid this might be early signs of the same problem reappearing.

I did the reinstallation once more. And again, the problem would occur on some reboots but not all. I am confused.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 08:54 PM