Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My battery icon has disappeared
mp2100zaurus
post Dec 10 2003, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

Geez, I've been trying zaurus.com/dev for days, and nothing. It's a good thing this site was set up.

Anyway, my battery icon disappeared, does someone have a suggestion? My battery has been running out lately. That's not abnormal, but I was recently looking to see how much juice I had, and I noticed there was no icon in the system tray at the bottom. Where'd it go? How do I get it back? Is there some config file I need to edit (I'm a linux novice) ? Is there a program I can run from the terminal that will show me the status?

(I know, the battery icon isn't great -- full, low or really-low, but at least it was something.)

I do have backups on several CF cards. I had just upgraded to tKcAddressbook and tKcCalendar 2.0-031112 two weeks ago, so maybe that's it. No, I restored my backup from early November and the battery icon is still missing. I had to go back to a backup that is 6 months old before the battery showed up again. But then of course, I lose all the notes and emails I've made since then. I sure don't remember all the changes I made over 6 months time. Some program must have zapped it, but I don't know which one.

Has anyone else seen this?

Allen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lardman
post Dec 10 2003, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 464

Is there a program I can run from the terminal that will show me the status? 

apm

Anyway, my battery icon disappeared, does someone have a suggestion?

Try restarting Qtopia? Perhaps even a reboot (use the shutdown icon on the settings page). I don't know much about this, but the lib which provides the icon & functionality lives in /opt/QtPalmtop/plugins/applets/ I think, see whether it's still there, the symlink is still okay, etc.

Simon

+Quote Post
post Dec 10 2003, 05:49 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

see reply at devnet forum

+Quote Post
revdjenk
post Dec 27 2003, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 59

mp2100zaurus...
Have you tried loading in the battery applet made for the OZ rom? I did and it wiped out my icon. There is an easy fix.... but I can't find the email with the answer. You might try to check the forums at the DevNet site.

+Quote Post
oreo
post Dec 27 2003, 07:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,278

Here is the answer for others who may be interested.
My battery icon - gone, no icon in system tray

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 05:34 PM