Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mplayer Bvdd, Mame + Gpe, How to quit, new GPE apps
danboid
post Jun 6 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,789

Meanies re-packaged 'mplayer2' performs much better for me than the mplayer in the pdax beta1 feed, thanks Meanie/Atty. I can play 640x480 quite smoothly when I overclock.

Problem now is, if I use the x11 -vo option , I can quit by pushing 'q' but this doesn't work under bvdd so I end up doing a CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to quit out of it. Anyone got a cleaner exit method?

I've also had a quick go under MAME. I seem to average around 10/12fps under 16bit arcade games with sound enabled. Disappointing compared to GP2X MAME- gp2xmame's enhancements need to be ported over to pdaxmame.

Xromer: How is the GPE packaging coming on? Please let us know when gpe-calendar is up- thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danboid
post Jun 7 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #2

I'm also trying to work out what mplayer command zplayer must use to play 320x240 (or similar) videos full screen and smoothly. When use -vo x11 and the -zoom option a 320x240 vid plays jerkily but full screen. -vo bvdd seems to ignore the zoom option.

From what I've been reading in other threads I'll just have to use xrandr to resize before playing a low-res video- not the solution I'm after. Is there a pdaxrom mplayer gui that solves this problem? pymp? gmplayer? Alternatively if anyone knows a command line which can detect the res of the video file then run xrandr if neccesary that would be just as good I suppose.

+Quote Post
end.
post Jun 7 2006, 02:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,089

QUOTE(danboid @ Jun 7 2006, 05:27 PM)
I'm also trying to work out what mplayer command zplayer must use to play 320x240 (or similar) videos full screen and smoothly. When use -vo x11 and the -zoom option a 320x240 vid plays jerkily but full screen. -vo bvdd seems to ignore the zoom option.

From what I've been reading in other threads I'll just have to use xrandr to resize before playing a low-res video- not the solution I'm after. Is there a pdaxrom mplayer gui that solves this problem? pymp? gmplayer? Alternatively if anyone knows a command line which can detect the res of the video file then run xrandr if neccesary that would be just as good I suppose.

hi, fullscreen command line option is

# mplayer -vo bvdd -vm [file]

enjoy.

+Quote Post
danboid
post Jun 7 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #4

I should've mentioned that I'd tried -vm too and that doesn't work either. It makes it full screen in as far as it removes the matchbox panel but it doesn't reduce the res automatically which is what I want.

I just realised that I can quit from -vo bvdd mplayer processes by pushing ESC or Q but only when I launch it from the terminal, its when I launch it from under ROX that I can't quit. Another reason to find a good gui I suppose.

+Quote Post
Xromer
post Jun 14 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,229

QUOTE(danboid @ Jun 7 2006, 11:59 AM)
I should've mentioned that I'd tried -vm too and that doesn't work either. It makes it full screen in as far as it removes the matchbox panel but it doesn't reduce the res automatically which is what I want.

I just realised that I can quit from -vo bvdd mplayer processes by pushing ESC or Q but only when I launch it from the terminal, its when I launch it from under ROX that I can't quit. Another reason to find a good gui I suppose.

Dan i compiled gpe-filemanager for Beta4 it works perfectly and has mime support.
I' m trying to understand how to set the mime apps stuff.
For the mplayer there' s xmms-mplayer gui extension, i use it and works!
laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 02:27 PM