OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google Android Installable Image Available!, Full distro for SL-C3x00+SL-C1000. Need testers for SL-C7x0/860
EzerchE
post Jul 17 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,077

where is the latest released files for c3000, and can we connect passworded networks with android?(if yes-how)

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
walts
post Sep 15 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #107

Member No.: 2,933

Has this thread totally died? I can't imagine there has been NO progress on Android for Zaurus in nine months!

I do find sites that tell Linux experts how to roll-your-own but no updates on the install files.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Walt

+Quote Post
cortez
post Sep 16 2008, 03:37 AM
Post #108

Member No.: 2,380

QUOTE(walts @ Sep 16 2008, 02:35 AM) *
Has this thread totally died? I can't imagine there has been NO progress on Android for Zaurus in nine months!

I do find sites that tell Linux experts how to roll-your-own but no updates on the install files.

Walt

I have a working Android 0.9i Beta currently, using a patched 2.6.26 kernel. I'll post an image with instructions on my Blog shortly.

Cheers,
cortez

+Quote Post
walts
post Sep 16 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #109

Member No.: 2,933

QUOTE(cortez @ Sep 16 2008, 07:37 AM) *
I have a working Android 0.9i Beta currently, using a patched 2.6.26 kernel. I'll post an image with instructions on my Blog shortly.

Cheers,
cortez

Great! Thank you. I'll be watching your blog.
I really appreciate you Linux Mavens who are willing to share your work with those less technically gifted!

Walt

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 16 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #110

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

my brother works for google and doesn't have android at all, so this would be a great way of putting one over him :-)

+Quote Post
chyang
post Sep 22 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #111

Member No.: 156

QUOTE(cortez @ Sep 16 2008, 07:37 PM) *
QUOTE(walts @ Sep 16 2008, 02:35 AM) *

Walt

Cheers,
cortez

Wow, cortez, what a great job you have done! I really thank you for your great contribution. smile.gif You work has revived my Zaurus C3200, which has slept for one year. After I have got my N800, it began to sleep. But now, it has a working environment.

But so far, the touch screen doesn't work, so is there any ongoing work? I have read that touch screen for N8x0 seems working, at least there is one patch: http://groups.google.com/group/android-int...c6ff76e0381e95a

Meanwhile, if you can share your kernel source and config, it would be great!

+Quote Post
cortez
post Sep 22 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #112

Member No.: 2,380

QUOTE(chyang @ Sep 22 2008, 05:44 PM) *
Wow, cortez, what a great job you have done! I really thank you for your great contribution. smile.gif You work has revived my Zaurus C3200, which has slept for one year. After I have got my N800, it began to sleep. But now, it has a working environment.

But so far, the touch screen doesn't work, so is there any ongoing work? I have read that touch screen for N8x0 seems working, at least there is one patch: http://groups.google.com/group/android-int...c6ff76e0381e95a

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm currently in the process of getting an Akita image ready. I've made adjustments to the touch screen driver, and hope to get that ready in time for the Akita image. Then there is the adjustment AndroidZaurus mentioned for a more graceful exit from Android, by using the Cancel-key on the back. And last but not least, a Tosa is coming my way, so that could mean one more device to support wink.gif

Cheers,
cortez

+Quote Post
chyang
post Sep 22 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #113

Member No.: 156

QUOTE(cortez @ Sep 23 2008, 04:36 AM) *
QUOTE(chyang @ Sep 22 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm currently in the process of getting an Akita image ready. I've made adjustments to the touch screen driver, and hope to get that ready in time for the Akita image. Then there is the adjustment AndroidZaurus mentioned for a more graceful exit from Android, by using the Cancel-key on the back. And last but not least, a Tosa is coming my way, so that could mean one more device to support wink.gif

Cheers,
cortez

Thanks.
would you like to tell me how to keep the time accurate from boot to boot?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 06:43 AM