Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usb Wireless Dongle Rc12, need wireless for my 3100
adf
post Dec 15 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,572

Any recommendations for a wireless usb dongle that'll run in rc12 on a 3100?

I was just about to pick up a D-Link DWL-122, and though maybe I should get info first.

I assume that anything prism2 will do...? is wlanng available for the rc12 3100 stuff?

thanks in advance,
ADF
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jasonakay
post Jan 6 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,668

Did you ever find out whether a usb wireless device would work in pdaXrom or not? I am considering getting one.

Thanks,

Jason.

+Quote Post
adf
post Jan 14 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #3

It SHOULD work... it is recognized, etc. the link above didn't end up helping, though.

I'll stay at ut

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Jan 15 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,882

Haven't tried yet myself. But how about editing /etc/hotplug/usbdnet.conf? It works for USB LAN. I will surely go buy a wifi dongle if it works also.

+Quote Post
apink
post Mar 13 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,764

Has anyone gotten a usb wireless dongle to work? I have a belkin dongle for my laptop that I am interested in using in the z.

I have plugged it in. ifconfig shows nothing. I am unclear on what to do with the /etc/hotplug/usbdnet.conf file.

I am currently using rc12.

+Quote Post
sidmoraes
post Mar 13 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,691

Did you find an usb dongle that Z con power ?

I only make this with a powered hub...

+Quote Post
adf
post Mar 13 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #7

actually, it looks ok, as far as power goes. I haven't got a module made for it..in fact haven't thought about it in a little while.

I should get copmiling.... i need to do a usb ethernet adapter, too....and a modem.

+Quote Post
albertr
post Mar 15 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,195

The PXA270-based Zaurii would max out @ ~200mA (+5V) supplied to USB OTG clients. Good luck finding a dongle with such a little power consumption that has Linux drivers available and would play nice with OHCI host.

The output current power limit on OTG connector can be increased by replacing a resistor on Z's pcb, but it requires some soldering skills, and also puts the Z out of the warranty.

Having said that, I have a C1K with resistor replaced, and my internal wi-fi module works great. Also, I have tried two different prism3-based usb dongles which work with wlan-ng drivers.
-albertr

+Quote Post
anunakin
post Mar 15 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,358

QUOTE(albertr @ Mar 15 2006, 02:12 PM)
The PXA270-based Zaurii would max out @ ~200mA (+5V) supplied to USB OTG clients. Good luck finding a dongle with such a little power consumption that has Linux drivers available and would play nice with OHCI host.

The output current power limit on OTG connector can be increased by replacing a resistor on Z's pcb, but it requires some soldering skills, and also puts the Z out of the warranty.

Having said that, I have a C1K with resistor replaced, and my internal wi-fi module works great. Also, I have tried two different prism3-based usb dongles which work with wlan-ng drivers.
-albertr

Where I find this howto put a internal wireless on Zauri Cxxxx?

+Quote Post
albertr
post Mar 15 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,195

http://www.iral.com/~albertr/linux/zaurus/wireless/

It's a little bit outdated, but I'm planning to update it when get time to take more hi-res pictures (hopefully sometime soon).
-albertr

+Quote Post
adf
post Mar 15 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(albertr @ Mar 15 2006, 02:12 PM)

-albertr

Yeah.. I played with a couple dongles on Tues. Module loaded fine....no wifi.
on the bright side the Linksys USB100M usb/ethernet adapter works fine outta the box. I'm using one in a hotel now. ...And battery powere usb hubs are cheap. I guessI'll see how/that works for me: cf wifi handheld, powered hub, mouse and dongle when tabletop.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 08:24 AM