3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pdaxqtrom 0.8.0, new stuff for this release
jps
post Aug 10 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,699

The page http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/jumbo/pdaxqtrom.html says to uninstall
libfreetype before installing pdaXqtrom. But the Qtopia app qpdf2 needs libfreetype.

qpdf2 allows zooming and scrolling with pointer gestures and the desktop xpdf does not.
Does the xpdf in pdaXQtrom behave like qpdf2 or the regular X window xpdf?

Will qpdf2 work with the libfreetype in pdaXQtrom?

pdaXQtrom lokks extremely useful, but I do not want to lose the use of qpdf2.

Thanks,
John Serafin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 10 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(jps @ Aug 11 2006, 03:19 PM)
The page http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/jumbo/pdaxqtrom.html says to uninstall
libfreetype before installing pdaXqtrom. But the Qtopia app qpdf2 needs libfreetype.

qpdf2 allows zooming and scrolling with pointer gestures and the desktop xpdf does not.
Does the xpdf in pdaXQtrom behave like qpdf2 or the regular X window xpdf?

Will qpdf2 work with the libfreetype in pdaXQtrom?

pdaXQtrom lokks extremely useful, but I do not want to lose the use of qpdf2.

Thanks,
John Serafin

the installer will add a newer version of libfreetype which works for both qpdf2 as well unless you have a very old version of qpdf2

+Quote Post
njefferies
post Aug 11 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 10,611

I'm trying to get dosbox running under pdaxqtrom. However, when I install the ipk (...0.6.3-3_arm.ipk) and try to run it I get nothing (X starts OK but thats it). Tring from the command line gives me a "/usr/local/bin/dosbox: No such file or directory" message - but /usr/local/bin/dosbox exists and with sensible permissions (I chmodded it 777 just to be sure!).

Any thoughts? Missing libs or what?

The qtopia one (...0.6.3-2_arm.ipk) works OK but not having a \ key is a bit of a pain and being a linux user I have a tendency to type "exit" and thereby lock the system.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Aug 11 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 2,368

Hey Meanie, nice to see you back. I never received a reply to the pm I sent you about the usb storage issue. I ended up reflashing my zaurus and installing from scratch but my usb storage functionality still dies after I have launched pdaxqtrom. It would be nice to at least know whether you plan to fix it or not instead of leaving me hanging here. Anyway, whether it gets fixed or not I still love to use it. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 12 2006, 06:18 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(xamindar @ Aug 12 2006, 02:50 PM)
Hey Meanie, nice to see you back.  I never received a reply to the pm I sent you about the usb storage issue.  I ended up reflashing my zaurus and installing from scratch but my usb storage functionality still dies after I have launched pdaxqtrom.  It would be nice to at least know whether you plan to fix it or not instead of leaving me hanging here.  Anyway, whether it gets fixed or not I still love to use it.  Thanks!

sorry, I've had a lot of messages while I was away. To answer your question, I do not have this problem. My usb storage functionality works perfectly so I don't know how to fix your problem since I cannot produce it.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Aug 12 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #36

Dang. Could it be a hardware problem with my zaurus then? It is so deffinate, the usb will work perfectly for as long as I do not launch any pdaxqtrom. Then, once it has been launched and closed my zaurus will not mount any more. Dmesg on my desktop gives these types of errors:
CODE
[4350854.507000] sd 5:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x50000
[4350854.507000] end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 32
[4350854.507000] printk: 1 messages suppressed.
[4350854.507000] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4

Could it be that I am running tetsus 18h kernel? Could there be some program still running that prevents the zaurus from unmounting the internal hard drive? I find it hard to believe that no one else has this problem sense I have installed it from scratch and it still persists.

Oh well, thanks for the reply though. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 13 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(xamindar @ Aug 13 2006, 04:11 AM)
Dang.  Could it be a hardware problem with my zaurus then?  It is so deffinate, the usb will work perfectly for as long as I do not launch any pdaxqtrom.  Then, once it has been launched and closed my zaurus will not mount any more.  Dmesg on my desktop gives these types of errors:
CODE
[4350854.507000] sd 5:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x50000
[4350854.507000] end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 32
[4350854.507000] printk: 1 messages suppressed.
[4350854.507000] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4

Could it be that I am running tetsus 18h kernel?  Could there be some program still running that prevents the zaurus from unmounting the internal hard drive?  I find it hard to believe that no one else has this problem sense I have installed it from scratch and it still persists.

Oh well, thanks for the reply though. biggrin.gif

I am running tetsu's 18b kernel still but I get no error messages at all. Did you turn off the swap before connecting the Zaurus as usb drive?

On another note, 0.8.1 is ready and available from a slightly new location: http://pdaxqtrom.thegrinder.ws/files/

and I will be off again for a while...

+Quote Post
flens
post Aug 14 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 3,875

Hi Meanie,
some times ago you mentioned a automounter-lite-package for all the device which have no usb-host. Where can we find this package. I tried to google through the hole zaurus world, but I could'nt find it.
Moin flens

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 14 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(flens @ Aug 15 2006, 07:33 AM)
Hi Meanie,
some times ago you mentioned a automounter-lite-package for all the device which have no usb-host. Where can we find this package. I tried to google through the hole zaurus world, but I could'nt find it.
Moin flens

try the link I posted in the previous message

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Aug 22 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #40

How do I use the gcc package and compile something? I tried compiling a simple hello world but all I get is the following error:
CODE
prog1: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Aug 24 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #41

Ok, I think I got it now. But it can't find iostream and probably others. I searched and they are there. This is using 'gcc'

If I use 'g++' then it compiles. I'm very new to compiling in linux, what is the most correct way to do it?

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Aug 24 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(xamindar @ Aug 25 2006, 03:01 AM)
Ok, I think I got it now.  But it can't find iostream and probably others.  I searched and they are there.  This is using 'gcc'

If I use 'g++' then it compiles.  I'm very new to compiling in linux, what is the most correct way to do it?

iostream is a C++ class so a C compiler (gcc) would not know about it. g++ is a C++ compiler so it can compile it. Make sure you read some books about C and C++. They are two different programming languages (ok, some may argue that), but they are related. C is a procedural language whereas C++ is an object-oriented language. C++ was developed using the existing C programming language syntax and keywords and it was developed as a superset to the C programming language. In effect, a C++ compiler can also compile C programs, but not the other way around. C programs are a bit more portable than C++ programs.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 09:11 AM