Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost Files On Sl-6000l, Reverting back to factory defaults
klaw
post Dec 15 2004, 11:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,930

I have somehow deleted or otherwise lost files/drivers necessary for the wireless network device...maybe other devices. I looked at the Zaurus FAQ list (unofficial) and found a couple of close possible solutions, however I don't know how to find which files I need to restore/revert back to. I am also uncertain if the SL-6000L uses the same files or structure as described:

I used the following to revert/restore the home/zaurus directories:

"You can revert back to the factory default copy of any file that comes with the Zaurus by running the following commands as root in the terminal:"

cd /
tar xvf /root/.home_default.tar home/whatever_the_rest_of_the_path_is

Based on the above, I did the following command while a su:
cd /
tar xvf /root/.home_default.tar home/zaurus

That seemed to work and gave a listing of the restored files. However this did not change or re-enable the wifi abilities...or the icon.

When I look at trying the next possible solution (for devices), I don't know what files to specify, in this instance, the wireless device.

"You can revert back to the default copy of a device file by running the following commands as root in the terminal:"

cd /
tar xvf /root/.dev_default.tar dev/the_device_file

My question(s) are: 1) is there an easy way to find a listing of files for possible restoration, and 2) is there an easy way to just put the SL-6000 back to it's default state?

I intend to backup everything when I restabilize the sl-6000 so that I hopefully don't loose this stuff again!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jbruno
post Dec 16 2004, 04:42 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,351

You can download the zip file and retore your zaurus - see the pinned topic in the "6000 General" forum "How to restore zaurus to original state". There's a link to the zip, and reflash instructions.

I've done this myself and know it works.

Save away any setting you want to retain. You'll need to reinstall terminal, btw.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:39 AM